cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP - 2 questions about the CDB (cache database)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions about the cache database and the cache groups:

1 - How does the "On demand" cache group policy exactly works? I know that online cache group is without storing any data on the CDB making direct requests to de backend from the device, the DCN is based on updating from the backend, the scheduled is based on a time period, but I don't understand how the "on demand" exactly works, and why it has a time period too.

2 - Is it possible to query the cache database table to check the data that SUP has stored? How can I do this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nicola_balloni
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can find an "How to" document here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31091

Regards,

Nicola

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like nobody could help me, but now I know the answers:

1 - On demand cache group works this way. The device does the query and there is no data on the MBO, so the server executes mbo load query. After this step, there is a defined period of time, when this period of time is still valid since the las request, the data on the MBO is still valid, so if the device queries the MBO again, the load will not be executed. But if the time period has been expired, the data is invalidated and when the device tries to make a new query, the MBO load query will be called again

2 - Yes, you can query the cache DB creating a new ASA connection to the localhost and cdb database port (you can get the port from the sybase control center)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal

Sorry to re ignite this, how to query the Cache DB. I can see the DB tables in Enterprise Explorer. Tere are too many iun number, which one to check to see the data for a MBO?

Regards

LNV

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The table names on the CDB are created dynamically... so I don't know how to relate the MBO to the data base table. The only way I found to do this is try and error checking the content...

I think this is just useful for testing purposes, if you are trying to query the data for some reason, I don't recommend it because I think the table name could change in any moment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw what you have said. It is indeed having too may tables and store procedures, not able to use it for any purpose. Thanks for replying back. Any other thoughts on how to debug SUP? Is there a debug tool available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

May I know where to get the CDB port from SCC and how to create database connection on SUP to check the CDB data ?

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted a similar question in SUP Apps project not too long ago and  Paul Horan provided this useful reply:

Create a "Sybase ASA v12.x for Unwired Server" connection profile in the Enterprise Explorer.  I named mine CDB.

: Host = localhost (or whatever the machine name is)

: Port = 5200

: Database name = "default"

: User Name = "dba"

: Password = "sql"

Obviously, change the userid/password to match, if you changed them during install time.

Connect, and you'll see the "default" database displayed.

Navigate down through the Tables folder, and the first subfolder is labeled something like [#should_delete_sk ...]  Start there.

You'll see a bunch of tables with the naming convention "D1" + package name + package version + MBO name.  These are the cache tables for the MBOs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your information is useful.

Thank you.