cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move material while in quality inspection

0 Kudos

We have an issue where we receive materials in QM at the plant and because the receiving plant does not have the resources to perform all the inspections, the material samples need to be sent to our central QM facility.

What is the best way to do this?

That is, receive material at plant A for QM inspection, send sample to plant B for part of the inspection process, and returning to plant A upon completion for Usage determination.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion is..

You consider plant A (receiving plant) only.

And inspector of central QM facility will perform the inspection transaction within plant A evenif he works in plant B.

Some process for sending/receiving sample will be performed manually or user status of lot.

Regards, Do Wook KIM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I do not believe there is a better answer so I will work with the good advice given

0 Kudos

Thanks, that is the option I was expecting.

I do like the idea of two operations. I will run that by my business people.

I will leave this open a bit longer to see if I get any other replies

Thanksto both of you

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are any number of ways to do this.

My first preference would be to simply leave the lot in the original plant A. Give the people in plant B the ability to record results in plant A and have them just record the results directly into the inspection lot. Don't give them any UD capabilities in plant A.

You could also split the tests into two operations with two different work cetners. Then give security based on the work centers. The people in plant A would record tests against operation 0010, work center A. People in plant B would only record tests for the operation 0020, work center B. Only plant A people would be able to make the UD.

FF