cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoterms at Forwarding Order Item Level in TM 8.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frens,

Is there a provision to enter Incoterm at Forwarding Order Item Level in TM 8.0? I could not trace that keeping that in mind that TM 8.0 is for Shippers only.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas Chhabra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I do not understand why you think that TM 8.0 is for shippers only. Can you explain why you believe that?

Incoterms can be created in Sales Orders and transfer over in the OTRs.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I mean to say that TM 8.0 is majorly focussing on Shippers (though I myself have executed Forwarding Order Management and its settlement in TM 8.0).

Regarding your query that we can create SO in ECC with line item incoterms and Transfer these SOs as OTR in TM system, then we are touching Shipper scenario of creating Freight order from this. I am concerned about creating Forwarding Order directly in TM 8.0 and maintaining Incoterms at its line item level. Is TM 8.0 has any provision for that.

Thanks for your inputs Mike.

Awaiting reply,

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas Chhabra

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I am not that familiar with Forwarding Order Management, but I went into one of our demos systems and found that there is an Incoterm and an Incoterm Location entry field for Forwarding Order Management. Not sure what you need to configure, but you certainly have the capability of entering that information into a Forwarding Order. You can add that information to Freight Orders as well.

For Forwarding Orders, look at the General Data tab. For Freight Orders, look under Terms and Conditions.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jan 24, 2012 5:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply and efforts mike...Appreciated.

You are right that we have an Incoterm and an Incoterm Location entry field for Forwarding Order Management. But my query is this field at Forwarding Order Item Level.

Thanks again for your efforts and response.

Regards,

Vikas Chhabra

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I guess I overlooked the item level in the title.

I would suspect that you will need to do some customization of the BOPF/TOR object. If you are familiar with the TEST_UI, you can look to see if the Incoterms are built into the Item level. If you are not familiar with /BOBF/TEST_UI, let me know and I can talk you through it. I have not looked through the TOR object for a Forwarding Order, but will try to look through it later today or tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Incoterm is available at item level and It is same as header value. It can be validated in tables /SCMTMS/D_TRQROT & /SCMTMS/D_TRQITM.

Thanks & Regards,

Manjunath

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

I'I sure don't see anything in the TM documentation about Incoterms at the FWO item level. All the functionality seems to be based at the header level - and incoterm location is definitely a driving force. Maybe SAP has future plans for item-level incoterms if the structure is already there (the earlier comment). To me this says that any (SAP) orders coming in to TM (via EDI or manually) need to be split by incoterm. At least for now. I invite someone to prove me wrong - we'll all learn something

0 Kudos

And just to update my previous comment, Forwarding Orders are not TOR objects. They are TRQ objects. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Is there a transaction in TM 8 to create a forwarding order? And also is there a web service to create a FWO?

Thanks,

Jdsouza

0 Kudos

Hi Jdsouza,

Open NWBC and select the Forwarding Order Management tab. You should see the option of Create Forwarding Order under Forwarding Order category. You may need to create a document type, but it looked like those I had for Freight Order types worked for Forwarding Orders as well.

I am not that familiar with Forwarding Orders, but am learning all the time.

Regards,

Mike

P.S. You should open your own thread. There are automatic monitoring tools available which will notify you of any replies which are posted. Right now those updates are all going to Vikas Chhabra and you can't award points for good answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael.

I saw a nwbc webdynpro application to create a forwarding order. But do you know any transaction in the system to do so.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks