cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Configuration during post Solman 7.1 upgrade System Prep steps

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning - I have completed the techical upgrade of our Solution Manager system to Solman 7.1 SP04. In System Preparation Step 5 "Web Service Configuration", the first step is "Configure Web Dispatcher". Do I have to manually

configure a web dispatcher on the Solution Manager host, or do I need a separate stand-alone web-dispatcher for this? I currently only have a central system (everything runs on the same host, with no additional

dialog instances), and we currently don't need to access Solution Manager from outside our network. In this case, is a web dispatcher still required?

Also, still in Step 5, for the task "Logical Ports Creation", the online help provided in the solman_setup step is okay up through step 8. Step 9 says to "Select a logical port". In my system, when I follow steps 1-8, there is no logical port displayed in step 9. I assume I need to create a new one, but there is no guidance provided for this. Is this documented somewhere else, or can you please provide detailed instructions for this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Blair Towe

Update - Sometimes, you just have to pay attention to details. I didn't realize that Step 5 was one that could be performed automatically. The issue has been resolved.

Edited by: Blair Towe on Jan 25, 2012 11:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

So did you create your own logical ports? Is there some documentation you referred to to create the logical ports?

davidbest
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just in case anyone else is having the same problem, the update to the original poster's message explains the solution. In step 5.3, you can select the row in the table labeled "Automatic Activities" and then click "Execute Selected" button.  This scheduled a background job, which then finished the step and turned the traffic light green. 

It's confusing, because there is a link to start a WebDynpro.  That usually indicates a manual step, but the help section starts off with this:  "In this step, you perform the following activities automatically and check the results:"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In the end, did you create the web dispatcher? So far until now we never create sap web dispatcher, but after updating to Solman 7.1 SP11, we encountered error when we choose 'No SAP Webdispatcher used'.

Thanks.

Regards,

Stephan

davidbest
Explorer
0 Kudos

I didn't have to set up a web dispatcher.   The problem I had was that the documentation said I could run the step automatically, but didn't see how I could do so.  I realized after reading the original post, that it was possible, and that I just had to pay more attention to how the process flow was set up by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you David.