cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JControl Stopped, License check failed unable to start up Visual Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have read on the forum that a valid license needs to be re-entered through Visual Administrator. We did manage to get a valid license for J2EE-Engine_MSS but I am unable to start up Visual Administrator and instead get this error message "Error while connecting com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot create new RemoteLoginContext."

In SAPMMC under AS Java Process Table there are 3 processes SDM, dispatcher and server0. SDM and dispatcher starts up fine but server0 has an exitcode. Right clicking on server0 and choosingDeveloper Trace returns the following error:

JHVM_BuildArgumentList: main method arguments of node [server0]

[Thr 7528] Mon Jan 23 16:02:27 2012

[Thr 7528] JHVM_RegisterNatives: com.sap.bc.krn.perf.PerfTimes

[Thr 7528] JHVM_RegisterNatives: com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.JStartupFramework

[Thr 7528] JLaunchISetClusterId: set cluster id 121138650

[Thr 7528] Mon Jan 23 16:02:28 2012

[Thr 7528] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Initial (0)] to [Waiting for start (1)]

[Thr 7528] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Waiting for start (1)] to [Starting (2)]

[Thr 20840] Mon Jan 23 16:03:48 2012

[Thr 20840] JHVM_RegisterNatives: com.sap.mw.rfc.driver.CpicDriver

[Thr 14232] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = -11113)

[Thr 14232] **********************************************************************

[Thr 14232] *** ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.

[Thr 14232] *** Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'

[Thr 14232] *** for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 14232] **********************************************************************

[Thr 14232] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = -11113)

Please can someone advise what could be wrong here.Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Just browse to /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<NN>

NN - Denotes two digit number and that is your instance number...I hope this help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really? so why don't you get help from someone from BASIS? you might end up killing the system if you play with the SAP tools without knowing about them.

And guess what.. the first result that you get in google if you search "how to find sap system number" is what you were asking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to search for the answers atleast! A simple google search can save yours as well as others time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually did search google before I came here. There are just too many threads and if one has no basis experience(such as myself... I fall in the SAP BPC domain) then they are of no help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashraf

Looks like configtool setting has been tempered with.

Open up configtool. Locate core.ume.service and locate the parameter related to system number. Quick way is to check which parameter is maintained with value 0020677888 (as per your log). change this to system number of your ABAP system, since looking at the logs I can conclude that your UME is configured for ABAP. Save the changes and restart. Let me know if it helps.

Cheers!

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below link has steps to resolve the issue, please follow the steps and let us know.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(ASJava)VisualAdministratorLogonFailure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f4/302c4142aef623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any SAP JAVA AS will stay alive for 30 minutes without valid license. Once sever node turns to Running, you have to open Visual Admin and apply valid license.

If it's really a license issue, dispatcher and SDM also go down. No Java processes will run in that case. I suspect that server0 has not at all started due to other reasons. I suggest you to review dev_server0 logs for possible reasons of this issue.

Please try again.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these:

Look in the file: u2026\server0\log\system\security.log to find the initial exception, for example "Invalid password for user Administrator".

Verify if the user name and password specified by the connection parameters are correct.

This internal server error indicates that the problem is not on the user side but is a server problem. The database is down, but this is not visible in the error message. The exception Internal server error indicates that you need to look at the file: u2026/log/system/server.log.

check if there is at least one server node (not dispatcher) running on J2EE Engine. If not, start a server node.

This is thoroughly explained in this forum wiki : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28ASJava%29VisualAdministratorLogonFailure

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I checked the security.0.log file and below is the error message that appears. This message also appears in the server.1.log file What is sysnr and where can I check this? I also followed the links you attached in your responses and they unfortunately did not point me in the right direction. If I right click on the database icon in SAPMMC and choose manage database it opens SQL Management studio but if I choose to either stop or start the database from All Tasks I get an error message "CoCreateInstance failed:80040154. Class not registered" BTW the database is up.

#1.5 #00155D010319002200000000000079CC0004B740FDBB159C#1327389669537#/System/Security/Usermanagement##com.sap.security.core.persistence#####-0##SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_100##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.security.core.persistence#Java#User Management Engine (com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed to connect to the ABAP backend system. Check that connection data are correct and the backend system is available. Error message: "". Connection data (obtained from properties of UME service in section "ume.r3.connection.master.": "".##User Management Engine (com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed to connect to the ABAP backend system. Check that connection data are correct and the backend system is available. Error message: "". Connection data (obtained from properties of UME service in section "ume.r3.connection.master.": "".#2#'sysnr' needs to be a two digit number string#{ passwd=******** lang=EN receiverid=master sysnr=0020677888 client=300 poolmaxsize=10 user=USER1 receiverid_guest=master ashost=ravenclaw poolmaxwait=100 } # #1.5 #00155D010319002200000003000079CC0004B740FDBB1993#1327389669537#/System/Security/Usermanagement##com.sap.security.core.persistence#####-0##SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_100##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.security.core.persistence#Java#An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connector that was caused by unavailability of the RFC communication with the backend system: "". ##An exception was thrown in the UME/ABAP user management connector that was caused by unavailability of the RFC communication with the backend system: "". #1#'sysnr' needs to be a two digit number string# #1.5 #00155D010319002200000005000079CC0004B740FDBB1A85#1327389669537#/System/Security/Usermanagement##com.sap.security.core.persistence#####-0##SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_100##0#0#Fatal#1#com.sap.security.core.persistence#Java#Initialization of ABAP data source () failed: "". This message is critical if it appears during the startup of the AS Java.##Initialization of ABAP data source () failed: "". This message is critical if it appears during the startup of the AS Java.#2#com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence#'sysnr' needs to be a two digit number string#

#1.5 #00155D01031900220000000A000079CC0004B740FDBB1F4A#1327389669537#/System/Security/Usermanagement##com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame#####-0##SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_100##0#0#Fatal#1#com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame#Plain#Start of UME service failed. Check help topic "Start of UME Service Failed". Technical details: 'sysnr' needs to be a two digit number string###

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please verify system number in UME property sheet in config tool.

Config tool --> Switch to change mode --> click on search icon and search "r3.connection.master.sysnr" and update with correct backend ABAP system number (XX). It should solve your problem.

Good Luck

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Jan 25, 2012 8:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please let me know where can I find the 2 digit ABAP number?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is very basic question. Anyways there are many ways to get instance number . You should be able to get ABAP instance number from profiles, sapgui, list out running processes at OS level etc.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar