cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premature end of file error for default XML datatypes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We upgraded from sap MII 12.1.8 to 12.2.3.

After the upgrade I noticed that in the workbench for transaction the input/output fields with data type XML the value "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>" has.

If I open such property (edit) and save I get the premature end of file error. In the 12.1.8 this property value could be empty.

I can solve this by putting in a complete XML but rather wouldnu2019t do this because itu2019s contaminating the transaction.

When I create a new transaction with xml as data type I get the same problem.

Is this a bug in 12.2.3 because in 12.1.8 this field didnu2019t need to have a dummy value.

Kind regards,

Ralf Hover

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I know you don't want to insert any values in your variable, but what if you try just adding the standard MII XML structure like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

<Rowsets>

<Rowset>

<Row>

</Row>

</Rowset>

</Rowsets>

You can always add an Assign actionblock later with the Remove XML option marked.

Regards,

Guilherme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

thank you for your answer, I did put in already a dummy. On calling this transaction the data is overwritten by the sent XML.

So there is no problem. Its just why did SAP do this if I copy a transaction they provided it also contains only the header of the xml "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>" and gives the same problem.

Why not leave it empty as in the somewhat older versions?.

Kind regards,

Ralf Hover

Edited by: Ralf Hover on Jan 25, 2012 8:17 AM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Please enter a ticket so it will get the attention of the developers. It should behave similarly to the 12.1 version. Or alternatively, if it needs a default input, they can (probably should) add it by.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)