cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing - Sources of supply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Could you all please tell what are the different source of supply can be used in classic, extended classic and standalone scenario.

Also let me know, what are the sources of supply can be replicated from the backends and their respective programs.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically Source Of Supply can be contracts or vendors (info records) generally in all scenarios.

Yes. Source of Supplies can be replicated to SRM. It depends on which scenario do you use.

Programs Used:-

Contracts: BBP_CONTRACT_INITIAL_UPLOAD

Vendors: BBPGETVD

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In SRM source of supply will be assigned in shopping cart level, sourcing cockpit or in PO if a PO created directly without SC (possible only for a professional purchaser role) based on the implementation scenario here is the details information:

Extended classic Scenario:

Source of supply in SC:

1. Source will be copied from catalog if you add shopping carts from catalog

2. Source will be prompted in shopping cart if there is already a contract available for that product category

3. If SC is not soco relevant then after approval PO will be created in held status, where buyer can assign vendor

Sourcing cockpit:

1. Buyer can assign a vendor

2. Buyer can assign a contract

3. Buyer can create a RFx (bid / auction) with reference to SC and later that can be converted into a PO / contract

Sourcing in PO (In case PO is created directly)

Here buyer can assign a vendor

Buyer can enter vendor & contract if contract is available (should be created for same vendor / location & product category combination)

Classic Scenario:

SRM shopping cart:

1. Source will be copied from catalog if you add shopping carts from catalog

2. Source will be prompted in shopping cart if there is already a contract available for that product category

PR / PO in ECC:

1. If a supplier list is maintained then supplier / contract will be picked from the supplier list

2. Buyers can process the PR / PO and assign a source of supply

Standalone / Local scenario:

Same as Extended classic scenario (source of supply assignment)

Replication:

Except the local scenario: Vendor master data can be replicated / update from ECC to SRM using BBPGETVD / BBPUPVD programs

Contracts can be maintained in SRM (contract management) and same can be used as a source of supply in SRM / ECC (SRM 7.0 central contract) or separate contacts for SRM i.e. local contract & ECC i.e. GOA's (In case of SRM 5.0 version)

Also, you can import the contract from ECC to SRM via initial upload program.

Hope above information will provide an overview about the source assignment / replication process.

Regards,

Krish

<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none"></div>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Thanks for your answers.

I have a question, using BBPGETVD is it possible to import info records from ECC. Second, using calalogs how the source of supply will be selected to SRM. Can u pls tell the nessacary configuration for the same.

Thanks in advance.

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Info record is an ECC document. It cannot be imported to SRM.

It will be proposed as Source of Supply only in classic scenario.

Transaction BBPGETVD will transfer vendors only from ECC to SRM.

When adding a catalog item, if you have extended classic scenario, system will look for local contracts which have the same product ID.

You can also transfer the source of supply from catalog to shopping cart, using the OCI field VENDOR.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

if you activate classic scenario for the product categories or on your requirement(it makes backend logical system as ECC), in this case you will automatically be shown with ECC contracts with info records..

if it is extended classic(be_logsys will be SRM) and you will see SRM contacts and vendors..

moreover,for mapping catalog items it depends if its a internal catalog or a external catalog. if its a internal catalog then you can go for OCI mapping as suggested before, if its a external catalog then you need to use some badi like (BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER) to map the required internal vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya prakash

Please note: Here the system behaves in classic and as well as extended classic for certain P.Grp /Product caegory and Logical Sys.

Here the question goes,

1. As you said in classic scenario, here a shopping cart is created. Is it possible to display backend contracts and info records, source lists in SRM (all backend information) this is because there is a need to select the backend source of supply in shopping cart and how can this be achieved.

2. Is it possible to use vendor list / local contracts created in EBP as a source of supply in classic scenario.

3. In Extended classic, is it possible to use backends contracts / source lists. If so how to accomplish it.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. As you said in classic scenario, here a shopping cart is created. Is it possible to display backend contracts and info records, source lists in SRM (all backend information) this is because there is a need to select the backend source of supply in shopping cart and how can this be achieved.

==> yes, in doc_change badi, change the be_logsys to ECC logical system(based on your condition), it will display info records in the source of supply

2. Is it possible to use vendor list / local contracts created in EBP as a source of supply in classic scenario.

==>i dint get it, if its not a central contract, then why do you want it for classic scenario?

3. In Extended classic, is it possible to use backends contracts / source lists. If so how to accomplish it.

==>create central contracts.. and use where ever you want

-

by the way, dont kill my name its soUmyaprakash... (not W)

Edited by: Soumyaprakash Mishra on Jan 24, 2012 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SoumyaPrakash

Apologize for the wrong spell of name.

As you said, can you please tell me the exact badi name, here you mean to say badi can be implemented to display the backed source list and info records through RFC, pls correct if i am wrong.

second, Is it possible to make backend contracts as central contract. Is there any program to make that as a central contract from backends.

Third, vendor list can be possible as a source of supply in classic scenario.

Fourth, In classic, without any making backend contracts as central contracts, is it possible to use as source of supply.

Thank in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said, can you please tell me the exact badi name, here you mean to say badi can be implemented to display the backed source list and info records through RFC, pls correct if i am wrong.

thats the beauty of it, you dont have to do any thing other than passing the ECC logical system name in the item level field be_logsys(check the exact field name before using). no need of RFC calls or any other fancy logic. change the logical system to ECC's and it will automatically show SoS from ECC.

BADI name: BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Sorry, I didnu2019t get it. Where I need to pass the logical system name (be_logsys).

Also , please answers the other above questions as well.

Thanks, looking for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the badi which i mentioned, on implementing you will find item table as import and export parameters.. let say based on certain condition(say material group) you want classic scenario to be activated, in this item table you have a field as be_logsys// fill this filed as ECC logical system.

if you do that, it will show classic source of supplies.. like info records..

===

you can also implement BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS to this as well..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All are applicable in Classic ,Extended Classic

1 )When you are using any catalog the source will be copied from the MDM to the SC and the Source of supply is Fixed.

2) If you are using the SC with Decribe requriement you can assign the source of supply from the selected drop down.

if you are using contract functionality:

Say 40000 00001 contract is having product category -Office Supplies -vendor XXX

1. If the SC is created with the same product category -Office Supplies that of the contract you can see the contract

no :40000 00001 in the source of supply tab. you can use the same or you can change.

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar