cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sybase mobile sales - extending distribution logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My current backend CRM configuration does not support "Employee responsible" relationship for activity. Therefore, in the ET_ACTIVITY_H node, the user_id is empty and mobile user will not receive the activity in the mobile device. I'm thinking to remove the distribution rule DEP_RULE_USER_CHILD under the Activtiy DO, by extending the distribution rule as suggested in the following article. Unfortunately, there is no ZCOPY_DM program in my netweaver mobile system. Any idea?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40c14615-e4ef-2d10-4aac-a39bd7e2a...

p/s: i'm using NW 7.1 SP13 and gateway 1.1 SP7

cheers,

jul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 710, Copy of the distribution model is not provided and due to this reason we thought of providing this functionality only for those partners/customers who requires this functionality. And this means you will not be extending any model. Instead of that you will be copying entire model and it becomes new SWCV which is owned by you. If you are aware of this, i can provide you with the report.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I need to get your advice first before decided if i need the report.

Currently, here is my requirements and i have created a new SWC by inherit DO and DM of the mobile sales swc.

1) Create a node association and DM between a new DO and Activity DO.

2) Because existing CRM backend configuration may not support "Employee responsible" relationship, i may need to change the dependency rule of the Activity DO.

Based on this requirement, is it better to copy entire model and become new SWCV?

cheers,

jul

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Yes. You need to create new SWCV with your own distribution model.

2. With this change, you should create new ESDMA & application if you want to display newly created object details in device application. If you don't want to display the new object details then you can use the same application. But i think you want to display it right?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, i want to display the data from the new data object.

Please correct me if any of my steps are wrong:

a) create a new SWC and inheriting the DO from crm mobile sales.

b) create the new DO.

c) copy all the DMs from the crm sales, doing whatever changes to the copied DMs in the new SWC.

d) create new ESDMA and deploy it to the SUP server.

e) Mobile users will then subscribe to this new ESDMA.

My doubt is, would any changes to the copied DM affecting the original crm mobile sales?

cheers,

jul

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. The steps mentioned by you are exactly the same.

Changes done to copied DM doesn't affect CRM mobile sales distribution model. Both will be disjoint SWCV's as DM's are not inherited only copied.