cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with MDM connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect to MDM 7.1 SP08 by using MDM destination created through MDM Destination Administration Tool.

RepositorySessionContext userSession = ConnectionManagerEx

.connectWithUserSession("DEST_SAPVENDOR","SEARCH",null,null,0,false,null);

but I am getting below error.

com.sap.mdm.session.SessionException: Can not authenticate 'repository session' '[server=devmdm1.eu.novartis.net serverUser=Admin repository=SAPVENDOR region=null user=null]' because user name is not specified at com.sap.mdm.internal.session.InternalSessionManager.validateUserNameAndPassword(InternalSessionManager.java:1453) at com.sap.mdm.internal.session.InternalSessionManager.createUserSession(InternalSessionManager.java:1064) at com.sap.mdm.internal.session.InternalSessionManager.innerGetSession(InternalSessionManager.java:762) at com.sap.mdm.internal.session.InternalSessionManager.createSession(InternalSessionManager.java:212) at com.sap.mdm.session.SessionManager.createSession(SessionManager.java:65) at com.sap.mdm.connector.connection.MdmManagedConnectionFactory.connectToMdm(MdmManagedConnectionFactory.java:466) ... 63 more

Anybody any idea on this issue..........

Thanks

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which user id/password are you, in the error it states user is not present.

Also check if the repository is Up and running in console, also check if the user that you are using is present in the Admin table of the repository that you are trying to connect.

One more thing, unload the repository and while upload do an Update Indices.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your response.

Yes in error it states that user is null but I am using trusted connection by Client IP . Repository is up and running and User is created in users table in MDM.

The API is provided by sap to connect to MDM by using MDM Destination where we have no option to provide userid. It should internally fetch the login user id but not able to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We have the same issue.

Have you solved it?

Best regards,

Timur Semenchuk