Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User copy from prodcution to test (not via user master export/import)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement where I need to copy user profiles for 300 users from production to test system for some testing purpose and in this case,

1. User master export/import canu2019t be done since all the production users will be copied to test which is not necessary.

2. SU10 wonu2019t be helpful since the roles assigned to the each user in production are different to another one

3. Assignment of roles to each user through SU01 is tedious task

Could you lease let me know if you have any other idea to copy the profiles of 300 roles from production to test system.

Regards,

Shankar

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your requirement is just to download roles,then you can do it from pfcg mass download (Utilities menu in Pfcg T code)

0 Kudos

Hi Shahnas,

Thank you for your reply but the problem is not with the roles. Roles are created in Dev and transported across the landscape moved PRod. Hence all the roles exist in test

I just need to copy the user profiles alone from production to test

Edited by: dhshankar on Jan 23, 2012 11:53 AM

0 Kudos

You want user profiles without User-Id Is this your requirement? Then It is not possible at one go

how many user profile you need from Production?

go for export import,It will finish easily as you eed only user master record only,Lock or Delete rest of the users

Edited by: shahnas s on Jan 23, 2012 4:27 PM

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. User master export/import canu2019t be done since all the production users will be copied to test which is not necessary.

I think this is still the easiest way. After importing the user masters you can delete the unwanted ones with SU10.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen Heeck,

Thank you for your reply but our regression test system is meant for two different kind of users viz key user and end users.

Our customer want to change only key users (300 users) profiles with respect to the production in regression test and leave other end users (nearly about 5000) in regression test system without any change

If I do user master export/import then all user will get change in regression test. Hence I need to revert the changes for rest of 5000 end users, because end user access in regression is different from the production access and this will be effort consuming task

Hence, user master export/import will not work in my case 

0 Kudos

I see.

In that case you should search the forum (or the web) for information and/or tutorials on how to create users and assign roles with SECATT. For the amount of changes you need to perform that looks like the ideal tool.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi,

U should try SECATT

0 Kudos

Hi Murali/Jurjen,

ECATT needs a system which based on SAP Web Application Server 6.40.

But our systems are 4.7 R/3 system. Hence, I can't use ECATT.

Any other ideas,please..!!

0 Kudos

If your system doesn't support SECATT than you can use the antecessor of secatt: CATT.

Kind Regards

Jörg