cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Serial Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM gurus,

While confirming the production order I am able to assign one serial number to different material numbers, but the requirement is if one serial number is created for one material then it should not be assigned to another material.Serial number should be unique for every material.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravikumar P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member385375
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

when you confirm production order, make GR & assign serial no to a material code say M1 system creates an equipment no & object no in the background which are unique. So serial no & material no combination is unique=wquipment no. For that material code you can not assign same serial no but you can assign same serial no to any other material & it is standard SAP. I am giving you one scenario which is implemented in one of my plant where production process is in multiple stages i.e GR of one order say serial no S1 becomes component for next stage order & then GR of that order gets the same serial no(S1) & next process so on. Now because of this feature only I am able to track the material from first stage to last stage i.e serial no doesnt changes but material no changes.

Please tell your requirement

Shakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the material master record to control that the serial numbers and

equipment numbers are kept synchronous.

To do this, you must set the indicator Serialization Level in the material master record to 1.

As the equipment number is, by definition, unique at client level, by

synchronizing the serial number and the equipment number you can make

serial numbers unique material-wide. The prerequisite for this is that

all material master records have the indicator serialization level set

to 1.

You can modify equipment creation the way that the equipment number ranges are the same as your request serial number ranges.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/1d/e4903cf6c4492ce10000000a114084/content.htm

You can create custom equipment number with: BAPI_EQUI_CREATE (external equipment number range)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use different profiles under each material and assign them in material master.

regards

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Serial number is unique in the sense if you use serial number SERIAL1 for Material1, you can use SERIAL1 for Material2 as well.

It is material specific, its not common over the plant or company.

former_member1341210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Kumar,

Kindly check your material master+ veiw : Plant Data/Stor.2+ . You assign your serial profile & SerLevel. Check your SerLevel whether it is synchronous or not?

Regards,

TOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check is there any user exit or BADI available, if so you can make use of it. otherwise check in your module valdiation is possible.