SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Multiple Campus Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Being fairly new to IS-HER, I need your valuable inputs for configuring an existing campus structure to incorporate multiple campus environment.

I have the requirement as below:

1. We are coming up with a new campus in a different location. So there will be 2 campuses C1 and C2 (new).

2. Both campus should come under one Institute.

3. C1 & C2 may or may not have same academic calendar.

4. C1 & C2 must have 2 intakes per academic year.

5. C1 & C2 may offer same or different courses.

6. Student from C1 should have the flexibility to attend courses offered in C2 if the same is not available in C1. In such a case, final transcript should only get generated with C1.

Can I go ahead with below structure/Objects:

• 3 Org. Units -[ C1/C2 reporting to P1]

• 2 Acad. Cal. -[C1 uses CA1 and C2 uses CA2]

• Programs independent of Acad. Cal.

Please suggest the best structure for multiple campus environments.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandboy,

You could set your organizational and academic structure up as follows:

- 3 organizational units (1 top organizational unit 'university', 2 lower level organizational units 'campuses').

- Create two different F objects (locations) to relate (a003) the campuses to locations

- 2 academic calenders (please also consider one academic calender if ONLY the registration periods are different. You should ten relate the one calender to the highest org unit. Please also note the fee calculation reads only the highest calender 0100 TL!)

- Programs as offered by the campusses under the related organizational units as wel as the module groups and modules.

With this set-up you are good to go and run the processes as you described.

br

Rob