Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport list display

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have migrate SAP ECC 5.0 ( on windows 2003 + SQL 2005) on new hardware,

when I go to check the list of imported transports request, there is blank screen.

I tried by copying data and cofile but after Add tr it shown in 'No import steps performed yet'

so please suggest how to display list of imported transports request in stms.

Thanks

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

As per your message looks like you have migrated system from old server to a new server. Also, guess you might have configured the STMS same as before the migration. Now, if you want the old queue to be displayed, then you have to copy the required files(Like for example co-files, datafiles, buffer (bin directory)) from old trans directory to new trans directory on the new server.

Please try this and hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

your are right sharath.

I migrate the system from old server to new server, also configure the STMS also.

I have copy the required files from co-files, datafiles only from old trans directory to new trans directory on the new server.

and add the transport request in queue (using extras>other request>Add) but it shows in 'No import steps performed yet'. actually that request I already imported at old server.

Please suggest how to move ahead?

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

If you only copy the co-files and datafiles and then add them through (extras>other request>Add) it will treat them as "Not yet imported" or No Import Steps peformed.

If you want the status same as it was in old server, then in old server under path <Drive>:\usr\sap\trans\buffer you will find a file with name <SID>. The same way you will find the one in new server also. First re-name the <SID> on new server to <SID>_OLD and then copy the one from old server to new server. After that you check in STMS and this time it should show same status as it was in old server before migration.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

You should copy SID and buffer files from old server into new server to resolve this issue as already suggested by Sharath. Please take backup of existing files before copy.

Please let us know the result.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion.

I forget to mention my previous platform is windows 2003 (32-bit) + sQL 2000 and new is windows 2003 64-bit + SQL 2005.

please suggest can I copy SID and buffer file?

Thanks

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh,

You can simply copy them. These are win version independent.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

In What system you trying to import QA? Dev, QA or Prod ? You need to share the
servername\usr\sap\trans directory across your dev,qa and prod system landscape to import the transports across the landscape.

in RZ10 or RZ11 check the parameter DIR_TRANS value

DIR_TRANS should have same value
servername\usr\sap\trans in dev, QA and prod.

Check also the permission on the trans directory, CO-files and Data files in trans directory.

Thanks,

Arjun