cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Blocking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please explain me on difference between following type of blocks?

a) Purchasing block

b) Posting block

c) Payment block

d) Block for quality reasons

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) Purchasing block: For blocking vendor at central level (purchasing block + Posting block) use T-code XK05

For blocking vendor at Purchase Level use MK05

b) Posting block: Go to MM02 >Purchasing View>Set the Indicator in the field of Plant-sp.matl status>as 01,it will block all the procurement at Plant level, or remove the authorization for movements in this plant, or use MMRV & remove the tick of Previous period posting for blocking posting in previous period.

c) Payment block:[Payment Block|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/82/c2394ae8b211d1a57b0000e839d005/frameset.htm]

d) Block for quality reasons: There is a Quality Block (Block.reason: quality) check Box active in the MIRO,until we have cleared the Stock from quality inspection.

So we have to write in the Exit below

EXIT_SAPLMRMP_010-ZXM08U16-----MIRO

if this indicator SPGRC is "X" Configure an error message that material is in Quality inspection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

If I am to entirly block a vendor so that o transactions at all should be done in SAP for that vendor, what type of block should I carry out?

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, For Complete blocking of Vendor

Goto XK02 - Vendor Menu - Block/Unblock.Tick the Posting Block and Purchasing Block.At the end, block function - select 99 for total block.

If you dont have option 99 in block function, try to define accordingly in IMG.

SPRO - Quality Management - QM in Logistics - QM in Procurement - Define Delivery Block.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Purchasing block -- No further Purchasing possible for thevendor -i.e No further PO can be created.

Posting Block -NO Payments can be made against the vendor.

Quality Block - No business process can be done with vendor untill he meets the quality policy of the company.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Is Poisting block and Payment block are same? Which T-Code can I use to do that?

2) If a vendor is blocked for qulaity reason, does that tha mean No PR/PO creation, GR, Invoicing and payments can be done ? (all transactions relavent to the vendor in SAP?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Posting block and payment block are different.

Posting block - - The system will allow the user to create PO against the vendor, but no receipts can be done for the material supplied by the vendor.

Payment block -This happen during the invoice verification.

Regards,

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i block a vendor for payment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The vendor block is done automatically based up on the following settings.

In vendor master you can define this in payment account transactions screen, against the payment block maintain A or B so that the vendor is blocked.

Regards,

velu

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In XK02 select the vendor and select tab payment transaction in company code data view and then in Payment block select A or B & Save, then try to do the payment to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Is Poisting block and Payment block are same? Which T-Code can I use to do that?

> 2) If a vendor is blocked for qulaity reason, does that tha mean No PR/PO creation, GR, Invoicing and payments can be done ? (all transactions relavent to the vendor in SAP?)

1. Posting block - you can block vendor for different organization level and different activities such as only purchase order or only source determination or total block. If you activate total block, you can't create even purchase order.

2. Payment block - you can enter this in master record like vendor master / payment terms or directly in transaction like MIRO. If you activate at master data, payment will be blocked for all the transaction and you have to release it manually after MIRO posting. If you want to activate automatic block it's possible through tolerance limits - OMR6