Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREATING OF BILLING DOCUMENT

former_member209710
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD expert,

While creating billing document, if some reason, I EXISTS from the transaction VF01 without saving the document, it is creating a billing document. While enquire the billing doc., the system is saying billing document does not exists.

Does SAP creates such billing documents even if the user come out from the transaction VF01 without creating the billing document?.

Please give your valuable comment ASP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Issue seems to be with the number range and its buffer.So please check wheather any buffer range has been maintained in SNRO by giving the object RE_BELEG.If it feasible to change the number range for the billing document type then change the billing document number range and then create the billing document and then check in VBRK table.

Regards

Srinath

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata,

It's not possible. Document will be created only when its saved. If it is created it will be available in VBRK until its archived.

You document flow will show the exact status and if the document is created you will get the invoice number in doc flow. Please make sure you haven't checked in another client with this invoice number.

Regards,

GP

former_member209710
Participant
0 Kudos

I HAVE CHECKED THE VBRK TABLE .AFTER EXECUTING WITH BILLING DOCUMENT NO. (IN VBELN COLUMN),THE MESSAGE APPEARS AS "NO TABLE ENTRY FOUND FOR SPECIFIED KEY".

Such B.D is getting generated whenever there is a wrong entry done while creating B.D thru VF01 transaction and I came back to command prompt without saving the document. Although system does not displaying any status of that B.D no.

Thanks for ur earlier reply and also hope to get next reply soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not a standard behavior,check your output program with the help of ABAPer,if you added any output program and there

are any errors in that chances are there to behave in said manner.

Have you added any recent output program ?

Ram

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please clarify how do you know that the billing document is created in the system.

Do you mean that you can see the document in the VF03 document flow but doesn't exist in table?

Are you number ranges increasing after that?

Please check whether you have any code in userexit such as USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE while B.D creation for increasing the number range.

Such B.D is getting generated whenever there is a wrong entry done while creating B.D thru VF01 transaction

In VF01, we can't edit any details except the billing date at header. Are you trying to edit this?

Regards,

GP

former_member209710
Participant
0 Kudos

The Billing document nither appearing in VF03 nor displaying in the tables.

When I am creating the next invoice, the system is generating a new B.D no. For example: I have created B.D no: 1001. Then I run the transaction again and tried enter a wrong date. When system giving message that "The date is wrong", I came out of the transaction without saving the document. again I have run the transaction VF01 with actual date the save the document. The system generated the Invoice no 1003 insteed of 1002. Thus it is skipping the B.D. no (1002) and I am unable to get any information regarding the B.D no: 1002.

We have recently introduced SMS system while B.D is created. The SMS shall go to the customer. Its a user exit program. Is there any impact of this?

former_member209710
Participant
0 Kudos

The Billing document nither appearing in VF03 nor displaying in the tables.

When I am creating the next invoice, the system is generating a new B.D no. For example: I have created B.D no: 1001. Then I run the transaction again and tried enter a wrong date. When system giving message that "The date is wrong", I came out of the transaction without saving the document. again I have run the transaction VF01 with actual date the save the document. The system generated the Invoice no 1003 insteed of 1002. Thus it is skipping the B.D. no (1002) and I am unable to get any information regarding the B.D no: 1002.

We have recently introduced SMS system while B.D is created. The SMS shall go to the customer. Its a user exit program. Is there any impact of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,the program could be the problem,check it with ABAPer help, and also check at T.code SNRO any no range buffer

maintained,no range object for invoice is RE_BELEG.

Ram

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl try as suggested by Ram and also go through these SAP notes and check if it helps.

[Note 24279 - Missing billing document numbers in VBRK|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=24279]

[Note 363901 - Country-specific buffering RV_BELEG/number assignment in SD|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=363901]

Also check the current number in your number range and validate in VBRK whether you have any billing documents greater than that current numbers. If so, you need to set proper current number and do the cycle again. If the number already exists in the system, it will show you as saved but it will not.

Regards,

GP

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

you can create a billing document (say, invoice) without accounting document just using t-code VF01

if you need to get an accounting document you need to do ReleaseToAccounting (Shift+F4) for your billing document.

you can take existing billing document (which was created by VF01) and simply release it to accounting:

run VF02, type the document number and hit ReleaseToAccounting (The Green Flag icon)

if you did it correctly you will get the accounting document number.

good luck!