cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching SAPGUI for Windows from WD application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have managed to launch an SAPGUI transaction "BRF+" at the click of a link on my Web Dynpro application. For this, I used the sample code from

However, this opens the SAPGUI for HTML, where the transaction is not rendered correctly. The display is restricted only to a small of the IE screen, and no button clicks are working.

Is there any way to fix this? Or, is it possible to launch SAPGUI for Windows from a WD application?

Thanks, Rohan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

BRF+ is a SAPGUI transaction, but it in turn just triggers the start of the Web Dynpro ABAP application FDT_WD_WORKBENCH. Why not just navigate natively to FDT_WD_WORKBENCH and not mess with the SAPGUI layer at all. Transaction code BRF+ is really just there for conveinence when trigger from the SAPGUI to begin with. Since you are in WDA already it will be easier to navigate to the underlying WDA application for BRF Plus.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

You are accessing Tcode in browser, it means we have to use sap gui for html only not windows.

The display is restricted only to a small of the IE screen

Do you mean, tcode opens in minimize window mode? if yes, then in create_external_window method , try to maximize the window by default.

Regards

Srinivas