Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADD a column in a query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to add a column in my query.

This column is the sum of the net value and the tax ..please how can I do this without refering to ABAP development..

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not an SD question and you might want to use Search (and include other forums) in the future.

There is no ABAP needed for such basic calculations in queries. In SQ01, this can be done in the 'Select field' screen (it's the 3rd screen where you select which fields will be included in the query.

First, assign short names to your Net Value and Tax fields. Go to the menu Edit -> Short Names -> Turn On/off. This should open another column to the right from the field names. Enter the names, say NET and TAX.

Then create a new local field. Same menu, Edit -> Local field -> Create. Give the field some name (TOTAL), assign a type ('Same field as -> use Net field or whatever is suitable). Enter formula NET + TAX and save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply

My problem is that i can't select "TURN ON/OFF" and I can't create Local field because they are shaded fields.(grey fields)

Please tell me more about this JELENA

thanks

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These menu options are available only on one screen, they're grayed out on other screens. Make sure you're in change mode and on the right screen. The screen title should read: 'Change Query <your query name>: Select Field'.

If it still doesn't work, I'd just have to guess that it's either some strange authorization issue or it's some unusual query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS A LOT JELENA

It's my first query..and your answer is very helpful:)

If you don't mind JELENA..if I have other questions, I will ask you:)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're very welcome. I can't promise to keep watch on this thread, but if you have any more query questions, you might want to post them in ABAP forum. Even if there is no ABAP required, you're more likely to get an answer there. Please make sure to read the documents already available before posting - there is some eLearning content for queries, I believe.

Good luck!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone tell me how can I do this please..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

please explain more and is there another way without ABAP development..?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check there will be a function exit available in the query use that to populate the sum of the fields which you requires