Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Demo Examples problems with executing CTC template for client setup

D057229
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP community,

I use PI 7.30 SP 4 and get the following exception if I use the CTC template to set up the PI demo examples in client 105

and 106

Web Services Configuration

Description

Exception in step "SRT_TECHNICAL_SETUP"

Exception details : java.lang.Exception: BAPIRET2 SRT_ADMIN 050 Could not create service destination

State

Step was skipped

In client 107, the template works after I delete the SAP_WSRT user. In clients 105 and 106, this leads to the exception above,

If the SAP_WSRT user exists, I get the exception that this user alreadz exists if I run the template.

What should I do to fix this problem and properly implement the template on all clients?

PS: I use admin users with SAP_ALL rights. Maybe I use the wrong master password, because I use the one of my SAP_ALL user. This works at least for using the template within client107.

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This will be fixed with note #1676364 PI CTC: Demo client fails in "Web Services Configuration". The note should be released in the next week.

The workaround is to delete the user as you have already found out. If you want to run the wizard for other clients, you will need to delete the user again.

Regards

Mark

D057229
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

in my case the workaround of deleting the service user works only in Client 107.

The additional problem with a missing service destination occurs already after deleting the service user in Clients 105 and 106. Will this additional problem also be treated in the new note?

Joerg-Joachim Klossika already added the workaround to this note for the existing service user I proposed to him.

I still cannot resolve the problem with the missing service destination.

regards

Andreas

Answers (0)