cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.1 Installation on MSCS Cluster Active/Passive on Windows Envroment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am planing in installation of SAP PI 7.1 on Cluster environment I want to know

what need to be installed on Node A and Node B Like ASCS and SCS on both nodes.

Please let me know what need to be installed.

Thanks for helping me in Advance

Thanks

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please gothru the Installation guides under http://service.sap/com/instguides for required SAP DVD's and PAM for compatible DB's.

In Node A --> You start with ASCS + SCS installation as below

1.) Central Services Instance for ABAP (ASCS) -- Consists of Msg. service & Enqueue Service (Shared Disk)

2.) Central Services Instance (SCS) -- Consists of Msg. service & Enqueue Service (Should be installed after installation of 1.) (Same Shared Disk)

3.) First Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS) -- This step creates the SAP cluster group on the first MSCS node and adds the ASCS and SCS instance(s) to the SAP cluster group

4.) Database Instance

Node B

5.) Additional Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS)

6.) Enqueue Replication Server BOTH NODES, First in NODE A followed by NODE B

7.) Central Instance NODE A-- If you install the central instance on one of the NODE A, make sure that you use a local drive, not a shared drive.

8.) Dialog Instance NODE B-- Same procedure as in NODE A.

When NODE A fails, the ASCS and SCS failsover to NODE B and Dialog instance on NODE B act as CI.

Refer to below doc for more information  - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00004f25-6190-2b10-2c8b-fa419234c...

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25454

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for the reply I did not started Intallation but I have few doughts before installation. I am installing PI 7.1

It is a Dual STACK system. Why should I need to install ASCS ABAP. When it is a DUAL stack. I need to install ABAP+ Java

in Node A . correct me If I am wrong Here DIalog instace is required on NOde B. I am assumeing I need to install in Node B same a Node A what ever I install. Please clarify me this.

Thanks once again for your reply.

Thanks

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1). It is a Dual STACK system. Why should I need to install ASCS ABAP.

Hope you know Dual Stack Installation is ABAP + JAVA

ASCS has message and enqeue server for ABAP which is separate from SCS - JAVA msg and enqeue server. So both are installed seperately with two separate instances numbers. So you need to install both ASCS and SCS

2). When it is a DUAL stack. I need to install ABAP+ Java in Node A . correct me If I am wrong Here DIalog instace is required on NOde B. I am assumeing I need to install in Node B same a Node A what ever I install. Please clarify me this.

Central Instance in NODE A has ABAP + JAVA as you know. Similarly, Dialog Instance in the NODE B also has ABAP + JAVA. Technically you are installing Dialog Instance in NODE A also, since you have message server for ABAP and JAVA in NODE, it acts as CI

When NODE A Fails, ASCS and SCS failOvers to NODE B and DI in NODE B acts as CI.

Hope it clarifies

Refer to the Installation Guide .

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for clarifying me this one more last thing. Do I need to install Database instance in both nodes.

once again thanks for reply.

Thanks

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO, initially you will be installing DB on first node and Additonal MSCS cluster step on second node will failover the DB drives to second node and will add DB in the database group in the end of the step.