cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Distribution rule for Rework Production Order to settle to G/L acct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay Maheshwari / CO Experts,

Need your urgent help to automatically create a Default Distribution rule for Rework Production Order which needs to be settled to a G/L account at month end.

The Business Requirement is to create one Rework Order for one line of Product that is manufactured (e.g. ABC) for a period and the cost of rework is to be settled to a G/L account at month end. Both material (component) and labor would be posted to the Rework order.

For this, I created a Rework Production Order (RP01) which is a copy of Production Order (PP01), created a new Settlement profile RP01 (t-code OKO7) against which valid receivers is G/L account only. This settlement profile has Allocation Structure Z5 and Default Object Type G/L. Allocation Structure Z5 (t-code OKO6) has source as cost element and settlement cost element as G/L by cost element. Other configurations maintained are: in order type dependent parameters (t-code OPL8) Default Rule for Distribution Rule is PP1; settlement profile maintained in t-code OPJH is RP01.

I then used t-code CO01 to create a Rework Order manually. After inputting material, production plant and order type, total qty, finish date and start date, I get the Maintain Settlement Rule: Overview screen with the message Distribution rule could not be created automatically. My question is: Why is the system not applying default (and the only valid Receiver) of settling to G/L account as configured in OKO7? The users do not want to manually input details in Maintain Settlement rule screen each time a Rework order is created. Even copying with reference to an existing RP01 order does not help, as the Maintain Settlement Rule: Overview screen still pops up . So, need your expert advise to help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Vithal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System can only create settlement rules automaticaly if the settlement is to sales order or material. If you don't have a sales order the system try to create a settlement rule to material.

Can check your customizing setting in OMS2 for the material type? There is setting the flags, 'Qty updating' and 'Value updating'

Distribution rule should not be created automatically by system for the case material concern type is treated as non valuated

if not flagged.

Also check Customizing of settlement profile in tcode OKO7

Indicator %-Settlement: 'X'

Max.no.dist.rls : (enter a value greater or equal 1)

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waman,

Thanks for your response. OMS2 already has the settings checked for 'Qty updating' and 'Value updating' for the said material type and Settlement profile in tcode OKO7 already has : Indicators %-Settlement: 'ticked' and Max.no.dist.rls : 1

You have stated that System can only create settlement rules automaticaly if the settlement is to sales order or material. If you don't have a sales order the system try to create a settlement rule to material. Since my Order type is RP01 - Repairs and the Business requirement is to settle it to a G/L account, can we conclude that Distribution rule can be created automatically only if the settlement rule is to settle it to a Material or Sales Order and not for any other types of Order such as Repairs ?

Thanks,

Vithal

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vithal,

In allocation structure if you are mentioning the settlement cost element then dont flag by cost element field.

Regards,

Divraj

venkatasatyakrishna_achan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

u can do one thing, as rework orders do not need material, create rework order though CO07, and create with order type PP03 and in order type dependent parameters(opl8) u assign the settlement profile as u mentioned RP01. now u can settle to GL account

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your prompt response. The Business requirement is to issue components for the Rework Order. Never the less, i created a Rework Order in CO07 with Order Type PP03. After inputting Production Plant, Order Type PP03, Qty 1, Start and finish date and clicking Generate operation, the Maintain Settlement Rule: Overview screen appears with the message "Distribution rule could not be created automatically", like it did in CO01. I did read a lot of forum threads on this issue and could not find any resolution. So, i am left wondering....is there a fix to this issue at all ?.

Thanks,

Vithal