cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery from Projects with Cn33

0 Kudos

This is the SAP standard situation

You cannot deliver materials that are defined as assembly items (negative requirement quantity). If you want to deliver components that are assembled in a network, you must allocate them to a subsequent activity with positive requirements quantities and deliver them from this activity.

My question

Now my question do this issue, it isnu2019t very useful to go and change manually the negative to the positive requirements at the network. Is there any exit or other possibility which give us a better solution?

We do our work process with the CN33.

Thank you for any god idea and sollutions.

Kind regards

Beat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are referring SAP Help out of context.

Please let us know what is your business requirement so that we could try to suggest some solution.

0 Kudos

Delivery from Projects and the function CN33

We work with the transaction CN33 and we will bring the assembly components to the net plan.

For this we have to take care about the SAP standard help function:

You cannot deliver materials that are defined as assembly items (negative requirement quantity). If you want to deliver components that are assembled in a network, you must allocate them to a subsequent activity with positive requirements quantities and deliver them from this activity.

Now my question;

the SAP standard function what we have, it isnu2019t very useful for the user, because if they have to change manually the negative to the positive requirements at the network, that we can do the delivery from the project CNS0 Is there any exit or other possibility which give us a better solution?

We do our work process with the CN33 to bring the assembly to the netplan and will send this with the CNS0 delivery from project.

Is there any other solution?

Regards

Beat

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again You are not giving your requirement.

Do You want to deliver the goods to site through Delivery note?

Please understand that If it is an Assembly item then you are just sending the components to site and assembling the item at site.

0 Kudos

At first I cannot understand what you mean, with not giving my requirementu2019 I have this in my note? Havenu2019t I?

We start the CN33 and go to the transfer control and the we put in the assembly material which we will assemble in the network.

Now we have the negative value, us the SAP help say to us. But now, If you we will create with the transaction CNS0 the delivery from Project and we have the assembly group with the negative at the network, we are not able to create a delivery note. We have to go in to the network and change it value manually from the assembly item to the positive. And we think this handling isnu2019t very user-friendliness

And we are looking for a better solution.

Thanks

Beat

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide your business requirement. Not the steps you are doing in SAP. all your post only talking about the transactions you have done in SAP.

If you can provide your business scenario, we may able to help you.

we are not able to create a delivery note. We have to go in to the network and change it value manually from the assembly item to the positive.

Assembly item normally wont deliver through delivery note. You can deliver the components and assemble the assembly at site. So SAP works perfect. The steps you are following is not a best practice, it is just a work around.

Now if you want to do goods issue through a delivery not for the finished goods then follow ETO or MTO scenario. Involve PP module to produce the items then finally deliver it.

Please search the forum to know more about ETO / MTO and also PS/PP integration.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your replay.

Now you can assemble a assembly group in the network, then we havenu2019t the PP in our plant. It is right that we have the ETO process. In which we will assemble the item and we will use the functionality delivery from the project. Do you mean I should go the forum ETO/MTO and is one?

For your information this is the SAP standard process best practice. You see this at the SAP help documentation. See the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4c/227c0746e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Best regards.

Beat

Edited by: Beat Rotzer on Jan 23, 2012 6:29 PM

You find also the deliveriy information

there is the information regarding" You cannot deliver materials that are defined as assembly items (negative requirement quantity). "

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beat & Abdul,

As abdul said you should go for PP/PS integration in manufacturing but in this case we are maintaining all manufacturing via only PS.

Let me describe the whole process after assigning Assembly item with -ve requirement quqntity (Required because this will have to Autometic GR in Project stock using Movement type 581 Q) + ve requirement quantity is used for consumption for Network using Movement type 281 Q.

After all activity done for manufacturing process using internal activity Confirmation we have to confirm this Activity which has assembly item and its Components. This will consume Component and auto GR of Assembly item to project stock.

Now we have assembly item in Project Stock we have to deliver via CNS0. But CNS0 is not picking this project stock quantity available where as this is shown in Tcodes MBBS, MMBE etc.

I have also checked for changing requirement quantity -ve to +ve for assembly item but this is not allowing because this material is shown as withdraw. I have also assigned one more assembly item with +ve quantity in subsequent activity but this is also not working.

for this we have found one solution for the time being, that we have to change the account assignment (which is WBSE where sales order is connected) in sales order to where this assembly item available in project Stock and create delivery via VL01N and Post goods issue via VL02N.

This process is working fine in our system but according to me this is not correct as per SAP standard.

Please guide me what should be the correct Process.

Thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hello

I will do some test on our system on thursday. Thank you so far. Is there really a forum for PP/PS? I will look over there. But so far what you have written is OK.

But you have seen it is not so easy to find a good way.

Thank you

Beat

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Beat,

I am regularly searching for my problem but cant find anywhere. If you find any solution Please post the solution for this.

Thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

Dear Sundial

What I know and it works it is this way.

After you have done the assembly activity from the assembly item(s) with the negative, go to the network do a other activity and put the material in to the components.

Then go the transaction delivery from project and it works. If you take a other activity us the assemble you can find easier the assembly parts. But all this is a manually work for the user and they are absolutely not happy with this process.

And for this case Iu2019m looking for a solution.

Thank you and when you find a solution I say also thanks for them.

Beat

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beat,

I have tested this delivery via CNS0 and PGI via VL02N. But their is problem in sales order. this is not updating Document Flow of sales order.

Please suggest for this how to show document flow.

Thanks

Sunil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beat,

First of all Delivery is created via CNS0 (Delivery from Project). CN33 is for BOM Transfer.

But can i know about assembly item with -ve quantity:

i have assigned assembly item in Network activity with -ve requirement Quantity, than i have transferred BOM item in that activity. Now i have confirmed this activity and this assembly item is auto GR and posted to Project Stock.

Now when i am trying to create delivery via CNS0 this is not picking this assembly item from project stock. i have tried to change quantity from -ve to +ve but this is not allowing bcos this material is showing Withdraw quantity.

If you know any solution please guide me.

thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

Thank you for message. This is one of the point what we have. We will go over the CN33 to the net plan in which we have the assembly for the assembly items. According this link from the SAP Help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4c/227c0746e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

On the help page delivery from project you see that you have to change the u2013ve to the positive an then it works on our system.

But I think and also our user this should not be the solution. I need some idea for to find a better way.

Kind regards

Beat

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beat,

I have just tried for changing requirement quantity from -ve to +ve of assembly but this is giving message :

Component FG0000000000000011 already withdrawn

Message no. CO348

Diagnosis

Goods issues from the warehouse have already been posted for this component or there are flagged goods movements (for example, incorrect goods movements) with references to the reservation:

Therefore it is no longer possible to:

Change the indicator for backflushing.

Change the material/batch number.

Change the characteristic valuation.

There is a transfer order. The batch number cannot be changed. The batch allocation occurs using the warehouse management system.

The component can no longer be reassigned to an open transaction.

The sign (+/-) for the quantity must not be changed.

Now i have also tried to assign assembly item to network activity under same WBSE but after assignment this is not picking this quantity in CNS0.

In place of doing delivery via CNS0 we are creating delivery via VL01N after changing account assignment element to WBS where this assembly is placed under Project Stock. now this is working fine but according to me this not a good option.

If you have any solution please let me know.

Thanks

Sunil

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

If I have any solution, I give you a replay. But I'm still waiting for it.

Regards

Beat