Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU56 Auth/auth_number_in_userbuffer adjustment

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

We have at max 2500+ Number of authorization on su56. On RZ10, we dont have parameter Auth/auth_number_in_userbuffer. Isuppose it is currently using the default value of 800. In this case, will it add up to the slow performance of the system? since the buffer settings is not enough to handle the max buffer per user? I've read some articles on this. But I need to know your suggestion if I do have to adjust this one and what could possibly happen if I adjust this?

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few auditing companies and points-hunters on SDN who spread urban legends about this parameter without thinking about it much or having a practical experience with it.

The auditors will sometimes claim that you can assign more than 312 profiles to a user if you increase the parameter, which is however nonsene since [SAP Note 209899|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/209899] . After SAP switched the default auth/new_buffering method in 46C upgrades to value "3", this parameter uses the value "1" and is irrelevant. As of kernel level 6.20 the parameter is completely ignored (regardless of what you do with the buffering method).

That means it is obsolete, unless you are on a 4.5x or earlier system with ancient kernel level...

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few auditing companies and points-hunters on SDN who spread urban legends about this parameter without thinking about it much or having a practical experience with it.

The auditors will sometimes claim that you can assign more than 312 profiles to a user if you increase the parameter, which is however nonsene since [SAP Note 209899|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/209899] . After SAP switched the default auth/new_buffering method in 46C upgrades to value "3", this parameter uses the value "1" and is irrelevant. As of kernel level 6.20 the parameter is completely ignored (regardless of what you do with the buffering method).

That means it is obsolete, unless you are on a 4.5x or earlier system with ancient kernel level...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Meaning I dont have to adjust such parameter. Thank you for making it clear.