cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi mapping with out BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was going through the blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] I have some doubts in that.

1. Is it that this multi mapping will always produce 2 (or more) target msgs.

2. Suppose based on some sorce msg I need to decide the target mapping, say field "Receiver" in source. If the value is "1" I need to map the source with Targe1 msg and if the value is 2 I need to map the source with target2 msg. Is this possible???

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Multimapping is when multiple messagaes are involved in the mapping in either the source or the target.

<i>Suppose based on some sorce msg I need to decide the target mapping, say field "Receiver" in source. If the value is "1" I need to map the source with Targe1 msg and if the value is 2 I need to map the source with target2 msg. Is this possible???</i>

This can be done using multimapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Peter's opinion differs from yours in this. How can this be done in multi mapping? I can understand Peter's view of doing the same in Interface determination but not with multi mapping.

Can you pls.. explain the same...

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can be done using Multi Mapping too Jai..

Check for the condition and then create the target mapping.. You will need to check for the condition for every field of the target during mapping though.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Can you pls explain this a little more.

Thanks & Regards

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

As your target field creation depends on the some condition , you would have to make the check against the source field for every target field .

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. Thanks a lot Bhavesh.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it that this multi mapping will always produce 2 (or more) target msgs. >>>

when u say multimapping it refers to 1:n, n:1 or n:m transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wouldn't you do this in the Interface Determination?

Try a condition in the Interface Determination, based on field Receiver, you either have Target Interface 'Target1' with a particular mapping or if it's '2' Target Interface 'Target2' with a different mapping. You won't need Multi Mapping for this. Multi Mapping is solely to split one source message into multiple equally structured target messages (same interface)

regards,

Peter