cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessagingException: Sequence already terminated (soft).

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting the following error after the execution of an IDoc>SQL interface.

The queue shows "XI Error ERROR_OBJECT.INTERNAL: Queue stopped" in FM SXMS_ASYNC_EXEC.

The message with error, in SXMB_MONI, says:

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: 
Sequence already terminated (soft).</SAP:AdditionalText> 

Does anyone ever faced this error?

Tks.

Rafael.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to just dummy activate the Interface Determination and it will work!!!!

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tks for replying, although it's not possible to validate it anymore.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most probably you are using QoS: EOIO, and your queue that processes the messages is stopped or blocked by another erroneous message. Have a look at queues in your system and fix them if necessary to have your message processed. Moreover, you might want to switch to QoS: EO if this is acceptable, to avoid such problems in future.

Hope this helps,

Greg

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Greg, you're right, I'm using EOIO QoS and the corresponding queue is not stopped. It's clean and when I try to resend the message with error from MONI (through Restart button), or by resending the IDoc from ECC, I get the same error.

It looks like this process cannot be executed anymore because Integration Server is trying to put message in the same sequence number and it's terminated.

If so, the question would be, how to re-open it to associate the next messages to it or how to create a

new sequence in which new messages would be associated to ?

Tks

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Queue sequence has terminated in PI,

Login to Messaging System http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Check EOIO Sequence Monitor..

Change the Date range according to your message processed date, Queue name can be viewed with status "Terminated".

To resolve your issue, assign a exclusive queue name in sender communication cahnnel or if you already using a queue name, change it to different name.

Let me know if this resolved your issue.

PS: Actually i had the same issue, i am searching SDN on "how to activate Terminated queues" , i saw your thread. This might fix the problem. But still i am searching on Activating termiated queues.

Thanks

Vijay Poreddy

Edited by: Vijayanand Poreddy on Feb 17, 2012 5:55 AM

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Looks like my thread was left behind.

I'm still looking for a solution but didn't find anything else.

As I said, it's an IDoc to JDBC scenario, so there's no sender adapter. Actually, that's exactly what I'm asking. How to change or create a new sequence number to which the new messages get associated to it, instead of being associated to the terminated sequence.

Or, how to change the current sequence, maybe re-opening, so the new messages get into that again.