Did you mean: 

TREX Installation, Error in phase - Install TREX web resources and finalize

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Platforms:

SO - Win 2008 (R2) X64

During the last phase "Install TREX web resources and finalize instance" in installation process of TREX 7.1, it show me a weird error...

It seems that was some problem during the creation of sap start service of this new instance... but that is weird because I checked at services.msc and that service SAPTSM_02 and nothing seems wrong with it, it seems that was well created and it is in Started mode!... I checked firewall settings (all of them are in OFF status), I also checked CUA settings (is stopped)...

I searched for this error and I found the following SDN forum:

I already press the retry button but it always show me the same error.

During this phase the SAPInst window show some information and in there I see this two:

creating sap start service of instance TSM/TRX02...

service not correcttly installed.

It is very weird thing!

I will post some log files such as sapstartsrv.exe and sapinst.log.

sapstartsrv.exe:

Test call to Service failed: 80080005
CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE: Server execution failed
Service not correctly installed

sapinst.log:

INFO 2012-01-20 16:29:24.446
Creating file C:Program Filessapinst_instdirNW702STANDALONETREXCIsapstartsrv.exe.log.

INFO 2012-01-20 16:29:24.457
Output of F:usrsapTSMTRX02exesapstartsrv.exe -stdin is written to the logfile sapstartsrv.exe.log.

WARNING 2012-01-20 16:31:41.182
Execution of the command "F:usrsapTSMTRX02exesapstartsrv.exe -stdin" finished with return code -1. Output: 
Test call to Service failed: 80080005

CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE: Server execution failed 

Service not correctly installed.

ERROR 2012-01-20 16:31:41.380
MOS-01011  'F:/usr/sap/TSM/TRX02/exe/sapstartsrv.exe' returned with '-1'.

ERROR 2012-01-20 16:31:41.381
MOS-01011  'F:/usr/sap/TSM/TRX02/exe/sapstartsrv.exe' returned with '-1'.

ERROR 2012-01-20 16:31:41.470
FCO-00011  The step createService with step key |TREX_NW_CI_MAIN|ind|ind|TREX|ind|0|0|TREX_MAIN|ind|ind|TREX|ind|0|0|createService was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :'F:/usr/sap/TSM/TRX02/exe/sapstartsrv.exe' returned with '-1'.).

Can you help me please, how can I solve this?

Kind regards,

JDimas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1).Is your Windows Firwall is enabled ? Disable the windows Firewall and also restart SAPinst

2). Make sure that <sid>adm belongs to the local admins or Better provide the domain admin rights to the id which you are using for installation if it is domain installation .

3). Try Restarting the installation by stopping and starting Windows and restart SAPINST and coninue Old Installation again.

Regards,

Arjun

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun Venkateswarlu,

1).Is your Windows Firwall is enabled ? Disable the windows Firewall and also restart SAPinst

- As I said the windows firewall is disable (OFF)

2). Make sure that <sid>adm belongs to the local admins or Better provide the domain admin rights to the id which you are using for installation if it is domain installation.

- All the created users during this installation belongs to local admins. This isn´t a domain installation!

3). Try Restarting the installation by stopping and starting Windows and restart SAPINST and coninue Old Installation again.

- I already did that... but it continues to show me the same error!

Any other tip?

Kind regards,

JDimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, I just remembered...Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributables installed on the server ? if not download and install it below link and restart windows and SAPINST again.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5638

You can also Install - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11895 - vcredist_x64.exe

Thanks,

Arjun

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun Venkateswarlu,

This problem was solved! That was the solution! I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB973544) as mentioned in following sap notes:

1375494 - SAP system does not start after applying SAP kernel patch

684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs

Note: Never do the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB973552) even in plataforms where you installed SQL Server 2008 (R2) + Windows Server 2008 (R2), you must use always the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB973544).

Thank you very much Arjun.

Best regards,

JDimas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you have a look at SAP Note 1480785.

You need copy the installer on local drive and then modify them as suggested in the note.

Regards

Vivek

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello vivekwali,

Hum... I don´t really sure if the problem here is related with that... but tell me one thing, after I change the master installation / kernel DVD, can I run the installation (SAPInst) with the Old Installation mode?

Thank you,

JDimas