SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consequences of activating BCS without FMGLFLEXT totals table?

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody...

I have a situation here and I hope u could help me (please).

• My client is operating SAP for more than six years ago (without EA-PS active).

• Now, we will implement FM / BCS

• Actual situation: SAP ECC 6.0 EPH4.

• New GL Active with splittings settings on.

• Segment and division are used.

I read [SAP OSS 1400563|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1400563] "When Should a customer use FAGLFLEXT PSM or FMGLFLEXT" that says:

"Is is not a requirement for the Public Sector customers to use the totals table FMGLFLEXT."

However, in all other clients I've implemented SAP BCS have always worked with the totals table FMGLFLEXT smoothly.

Given the characteristics of business that presents my current client, and the recommendation made by Mr. Mar Novalbos has done here:

"I would not recommend changing any database table ....especially FI tables..."

What are the consequences of activating BCS without FMGLFLEXT totals table?

Keep in mind that we look for budgetary control with functional area AND fund active.

Of course, many thanks for your time.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are two different concepts. BCS is in the area of Funds Management while total table FMGLFLEXT is in Fund Accounting. If your business involves fund accounting which entails NewGL posting split by Fund and Balance Sheet report by Fund, then you need FMGLFLEXT. Otherwise you don't. In the US, balance sheet by fund is a legal requirement for the public sector.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are two different concepts. BCS is in the area of Funds Management while total table FMGLFLEXT is in Fund Accounting. If your business involves fund accounting which entails NewGL posting split by Fund and Balance Sheet report by Fund, then you need FMGLFLEXT. Otherwise you don't. In the US, balance sheet by fund is a legal requirement for the public sector.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thanks very much Ming, I din't know that US must have got a balance sheet by fund for the public sector.