Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of same role multiple times

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Expert,

My requirement is to stop the duplicate role assignment in ECC and BI systems.

Are there any system level settings in SAP to restrict the assignment of duplicate roles to the same user.

we have an option of program PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES but is there any other work around ?

thank you

Ritu

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At first sight I'd say PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES is the report you want if you're not working wit Central User Administration. Another source of double assignments may be single roles which occur in multiple assigned composite roles. To fix that one you'll have to reconsider your role design.

Why do you want a workaround?

0 Kudos

Just wanted to check if there are any other options.

Also while searching for alternate solutions found something about settings in "SSM_CUST" however not in detail.

Is this some kind of setting that can work to stop duplicate assignment of roles in SU01.

i am not concerned about role coming from multiple composite role asisgnment .

0 Kudos

I'd just schedule the compress times job on a nightly or weekly basis. Double assignments aren't that bad, they only clutter up reports.

0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, I'd try to find out the root cause of this

Do you know why this is happening? Is just because of a end-user mistake when assigning roles? If so, I'd point to the Basis people who's assigning the roles. Before assign a role to a user, the Basis guy (or girl) should check if the role is already assigned to the user.

Cheers!

Diego.