cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tax error displayed for shopping carts for wrong delivery address data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7.1 ECS.We are using VERTEX for tax calculation.

The issue we are facing is that no "tax error" (Error in external tax system) is displayed when wrong

data is eneterd(e.g. state is CA and zip code is for MA) in the shopping cart and the cart can be ordered.

We have implemented BADI's BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI and BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI on the SRM side for the determination of the tax jurisdiction code for the SRM shopping carts and PO's.

Do we need to additionally implement any more BADI's on ERP side also?

Has anybody come across this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the note 844365 cannot be implemented, the possible solution is to

use the BADI BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI(method MAP_STRUCTURE_R3) and determine a

tax jurisdiction code when the postal code is ????(and also for the

postal codes which has more than one jurisdiction code).

This way, you would be able to identify/select the tax jurisdiction code by

implementing your own business logic.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Edel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edel.

However we have already implemented the BADI BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI in SRM 5 to determine the tax jurisidction code which workds perfect in SRM 5.

Now the issue is in SRM 7.0 taxcode is detrmined correctly as perthe custom logic in the badi but the "error for the tax" is not displayed when I change the delivery address(only the city is changed to a wrong one as per the state enetred) for the first time in the cart before ordering and hit the CHECK button.

After changing the delivery address city(to an invalid one),the error message is displayed only when I chnage something else also in the cart e.g. price/quantity and press ENTER.The error message is not displayed when I hit the CHECK button even after changing any other date like price/quanity etc in the cart.

Looking at the number of issues we are facing during our upgrade from version 5.0 to 7.0,I'm compelled to say that SRM 7.0 is still not a stable product!

Pls advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed via OSS note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

What sap note number?

Thanks,