cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptional analysis

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

I created exceptional analysis like when a material gets rejected more than twice, should trigger a mail to QA manager about the rejection.

Also I scheduled that exception in such a way that job should run for every 5 minutes.

My concern is when a material gets rejected for more then twice, mail is triggering for every 5 minutes and filling up inbox.

My requirement is like only once a mail should trigger automaticcally, when the material gets rejected more than twice.

Please advice me some solution....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for good suggestion

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The exception analysis was generally designed to look at things over a larger period of time then what you are looking at.

It is looking more at trends. I.e. the standard structure S069 (material) has "month" as a key characteristic and you would set up the exception to email when you had say.. 5 rejeted lots for a given material in the month. And you would run this nightly or on the first of each month.

You are looking for almost real time feedback; which the exception analysis wasn't truly designed to do.

I would suggest you look at the follow-up actions that you can add to a UD code. There is already an example follow-up action that SAP provides that sends an email to the user. This is set up on any 'Reject' UD codes so that users can get an email whenever a usage decision is rejected.

I suggest you use this and modify the folow-up action to send the email only when the previous UD for the material was also a reject. That way you can put this follow-up action only on the reject UD codes. This should be pretty simple for an ABAP'er to modify and do.

FF

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I created exceptional analysis like when a material gets rejected more than twice, should trigger a mail to QA manager about the rejection.

> Also I scheduled that exception in such a way that job should run for every 5 minutes.

> My concern is when a material gets rejected for more then twice, mail is triggering for every 5 minutes and filling up inbox.

> My requirement is like only once a mail should trigger automaticcally, when the material gets rejected more than twice.

>

> Please advice me some solution....

Create one custom table, once materials get rejected more than twise than fill that material entry in table, now run the job to trigger email...once system send email to QA person then mark that entry with delete/ sent email indicator...so this way you can have log of material for which system already sent email to QA.

Put logic if material already there in table then don't fill table with material entry again.