cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the standard XI content for SRM SUS scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am implementing the "Plan driven procurement with supplier integration" scenario which integrates the SAP R/3 and SRM-SUS.

I have imported the standard XI content available on service market place for the scenario.

Now i have to modify the scenario. I have to add some additional fields in the inbound message for purchase order request.

The proxy classes for these interfaces were already created in the SRM system.

So now after changing the message type what all things i shd take care of e.g like creating the proxy newly etc.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul Nawale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So now after changing the message type what all things i shd take care of e.g like creating the proxy newly etc.

>>>> after changing the MT and once you activate it, generate/regenerate the proxy for the interface the MT is used in from Sproxy in R3!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for your reply, but i have a couple of more questions.

1.I can find a function module called from the method present in the proxy class generated.

METHOD ii_bbpx1_preq_request_in~execute_asynchronous.

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_SAPXML1_EXTREQU_UPDATE_IN'

EXPORTING

is_purchreq_request = input.

ENDMETHOD.

so since i am changing the purchase order request do i have to do any changes in the function module as well.

In the function module Proxy Structures are mapped to the API Structures and then the API is called using BBP_API_EXTREQU_UPDATE function module.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul Nawale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yes... If you are going to change the standard MT provided by SAP, you will have to change the functional module. It will be a very tedious task.

One tip to avoid this...

Look for the field User Defined Extension in the standard MT provided by SAP. Use this...

Do get back if you have further querries on this..

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have changed the MT then in this case the structure is subjected to change and hence i suppose tht the FM parameters also need to be altered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Have you worked on this standard XI content?

Can you please provide me more details on this user defined extension.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul Nawale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

THe User Defined Extension node has the cardinality of 0..unbounded. It is very simple to use this node. Suppose you need to add 3 nodes to the standard MT. Just use duplicate sub tree in the message mapping to produce 3 User Defined Extension nodes.

Once this is done, you can proceed with your mapping as usual. User defined Extension contains 3 fields

1. Name --> Name of the new field to be added(map it to a constant)

2. Description --> Any description for the field

3. Value -->The value intended for the field.

Then after doing this, you need to add the fields (name) with appropriate data type in the standard structure in SRM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (0)