cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning approver for an user/employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm working on SRM 5.0.

I have created some ids with role "SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGER" and some ids with role "SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE".

I have completed workflow customizing. now need to assign those users with employee role to some managers.

The intention is, when the request goes from one particular employee, it reachs to certain manager.

My question is, how to assign "approver" for certain "employee".

In the config guide5.0, it is mentioned that approver can be found out using 'find' link (using *), from the link "Request user id" on the logon pad for portal (we have SSO disabled). We get an error saying "No approver found'. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sonali,

If you are talking about finding manager automatically in the WF logic, you have to maintain the Org. structure in the PPOMA_BBP.

WF finds the manager automatically based on Org.stracture in standard.

The logic is like this. Employee ID -> Position -> Org.Unit -> Manager Position -> Manager ID. So you just put the employee in the specific manager's Org.Unit in the PPOMA_BBP.

If you need custom logic to find manager, you can create your own logic. See the Transaction SWO1, ASBMANAGER, Method Create. or N-Step BADI is also available to specify the approver automatically.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the Users involved in the Approval should be present in the ORG structure and should be "CONSISTENT".

As per the config guide,when you try to assign the User,using the FIND button,you will get to see all the users with the role "SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGER" who can approve.

Also,every user in the ORG should have the role "SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE".So even for managers,you should have both the roles SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGER and SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.