Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Alert report in solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

We have configured solution manager 7.o EHP1. For connecting to satellite system we have configured the trusted system configuration from solman to satellite system and also assigned logical component to satellite system.

We want to generate the early watch report in solman for the satellite system. We ran service preparation check and maintenance package. All are fine. The RFC *BACK is also working well in SM59.

Now in satellite system, in SDCCN we created the "refresh session " task. but this task is getting finished immediately and no data read session is visible in solman. We also made the solman BACK RFC as master for data read.

Regards,

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is resolved by deleting and updating the service definition.

Thanks to all.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I see Jansi already provided you the wiki page I wrote.

Another thing to check, ensure that the Installation Number of the managed system is the same Installation number that is entered in the SMSY declarations, because if the numbers differ, then the refesh session will not find a session for that installation, and it will complete with no obvious errors.

BAsically the refresh sessions task is kinda dumb. It either pulls the session numbers and creates EWA (or other session type) SDCCN tasks for each session it pulls from Solution Manager. But if any error occurs, it passes no further information, and seems to run, complete, but finds no sessions.

THe other thing I should add is if the session can't be opened in DSA, no sessions will be returned, the session doesn't need to result in a dump. You may just get a dialog box stating "opening the service session EAnnnnnnnnnnnn failed".

So that should pretty much cover the Red Flagged EWA report.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in solution manager did you schedule a EWA service to be executed in future time?

the refresh sessions task in sdccn of the satelite system, checks if the solution manager system is waiting

for data from the satelite to generate a EWA, if solution manager system has a EWA report scheduled in the future, running the refres sessions task on the satelite generates a "Earlywatch for solution manager" task in sdccn, the when that task runs the data is sent do solution manager, then solution manager runs a job to generate the EWA based on that data.

best regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Known issue , please delete and create the service definitions as stated in the sap note 727998

2 )And please review this blog by paul to trouble shoot this further

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=228262728

3) other reason is that check whether your user has enough auth or nt to execute this service session, by checking the job SM:EXEC SERVICES is executed, else check the error of the job log

Thanks,

Jansi