cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SAP JCO and Java Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Watz the difference between SAP JCO and Java Proxies when to use SAP JCO and when to use java proxies

waiting for earliest reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check these weblogs also...

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls find the small description of Java proxies and SAP JCOs

JAVA proxies

===========

The SAP Enterprise Connector is a development tool that provides help classes and RFC function module method calls for Java applications. These method calls and help classes are called Java Proxy. The following graphic illustrates the difference between RFC calls with and without Java Proxy. The Java Proxy hides native SAP Java Connector (JCo) calls. This architecture guarantees type-secure data access and increases client application stability.

The Java proxy runtime also makes the handling between single-byte systems and Unicode systems transparent to the user. This means that the user does not have to convert the function parameters between single-byte characters and Unicode characters.

SAP JCO

==========

SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a middleware component that enables the development of SAP-compatible components and applications in Java. SAP JCo supports communication with the SAP Server in both directions: inbound calls (Java calls ABAP) and outbound calls (ABAP calls Java).

SAP JCo can be implemented with Desktop applications and with Web server applications.

SAP JCo is used as an integrated component in the following applications:

● SAP Business Connector, for communication with external Java applications

● in the Application Server, for connecting the integrated J2EE server with the ABAP environment.

SAP JCo can also be implemented as a standalone component, for example to establish communication with the SAP system for individual online (web) applications.

Java proxies -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ed/897483ea5011d6b2e800508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

SAP JCo -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/6f/1bd5c6a85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/frameset.htm

let me know if you need further infoi ..

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So i have an existing J2EE based crm application which have to use sap xisap crmexisting j2ee application . in the said scenario which technology holds good jco or java proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>which technology holds good jco or java proxy</i>

I think Java proxies are the best approach.

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Got any code examples on SAP JCO & Java Proxies

bye

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at this blog for an example of a JCO call,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

It uses a JCO call for an RFC look up.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos