cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

PI is trying to pick teh files from FTP server and send to SAP ECC system using sender file adapter.

PI found a duplicate file and unable to archive th efile..So PI is retrying teh same file again and agin because of this other files are not getting processed.

Can you please tell where I can set the number of retries in PI server.

Any help appreciated.

This is a live issue.

Please provide teh solution.

Thanks,

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you require is set in SXMB_ADM as the IS_RETRY_LIMIT parameter. A quote from "Mastering SAP NetWeaver PI - Administration" book by Marcus Banner, Heinzpeter Klein and Christian Riesener:

IS_RETRY_LIMIT

This parameter defines the maximum total number of retries when the asynchronous processing finds a repeatable error and the integration server sets the retry status during queue processing. This parameter will only be effective if a bigger retry value was set within the affected qRFC queue. If not, the value of this parameter will be ignored and overridden by the queue parameter. Possible values for this parameter are between 0 and 100. We recommend a value between 10 and 15.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this could be due to a lock of the file adapter.

Goto NWA -> Locks and release all locks of your particular adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabharish,

Thanks for the reply.

can you please provide teh link to Netweaver administator.

Also where can I configure the setting for the number of retries in sender file adapter . I can see teh number of retries for the receiver file adapter.

AdapterEngine>communication channel monitoring->select your communication channe-->settings(click on settings)

Thanks,

Jay.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using PI 7.1 then it will be http://<host>:<port>/nwa

else you will have to go via the visual admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabharish,

I'm using SAP PI 7.0 . what is the link to visual admin.

Thanks,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to PI Home Page --> Administration --> Lock Overview ---> And unlock the object getting edited by your user ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavani Shankar,

I do not have any objects locked in the Lock overview.

Can you please tell me where I can set teh number of retries for sender file adapter.. Is it in teh PI J2EE engine.

Should I set any property in teh J2EE engine.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabharish,

Thanks for the reply.

can you please provide teh link to visual administrator since i'm using PI 7.0.

Also where can I configure the setting for the number of retries in sender file adapter . I can see teh number of retries for the receiver file adapter.

AdapterEngine>communication channel monitoring->select your communication channe-->settings(click on settings)

Thanks,

Jay.