cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Datafoundation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to create a universe on BW query Uisng IDT.I have created an olap connection and published it but i am unable to see this connection in data foundation layer .Can some body help me in resolving this problem?

Thanks

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not a supported workflow.

You canu2019t ( and donu2019t need to ) create a business layer ontop of an OLAP .cns pointing to BEx . So, there are no .UNX universes for BW OLAP use-cases. (the old MDX BAPI .UNV is still possible from Universe Deisgner)

However, you can (create an OLAP .UNX) for Essbase and Analysis Services . And also the BW u2013SQL federated multisource .UNX universe (for cubes, not bex)

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry ,

Thanks for Quick reply. I am getting same problem even if my universe is pointed to BW cube. The only time i can see the connection is when i am working with Non SAP data base. Is it not possible to create Universe on BW cube using IDT?

Thanks

Jacko

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create a UNX universe from IDT ontop of a BW Cube (not bex) you need to use the "BWu2013SQL" driver, which is only available when you create your multi-source enabled RELATIONAL connection from under "Repository Resources" (not Local Project)

This enabled the Data Federator Query Server (which is part of the Adaptive Processing Server on the BI Platform).

because this is SQL access, there are no hierachies, variables, or other bex features exposed.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !, You have pointed out a very important issue.

What would be the recommended approach of Olap based universe ? BEx Query /provider based connection using BICS client (No universe) or Cube based universe using BW JCO connector if the source is multiple?

2. Business Layer in BI 4.0 doesn't support BW hierarchy in cube / Multi-provider so fa if I use BW JCO connector? Is there any work around for this ? Can navigation path be used in place of BW hierarchy ?

3. Whether the patches in BO 4.0 are cumulative patch ? i.e means if I apply patch 12 then automatically all the previous patches get installed? or do I need to apply all the patch one by one?

thanks,

Rajib

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this link should help you answer (1) : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/LeveragingDataFederatorinSAP+integrations

(2) yes they can - customer hierarchy paths work as normal in UNX, and the webi features (drill filters) work well too

(3) cumulative. i built a machine in 2 steps today : SP02 full build. Patch2.12 upgrade.

Regards,

H

Answers (0)