cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP : Base UoM in R3 and APO...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a situation, for a mateiral the R3 uom is "KGs", in APO the forecast is generated for this product in KGs but in SNP

the STOs are created with uom "EA".

now when these STO orders are transferred to R3, how will the system intrepret the uom..will it be EA or KGs. if i want to have it in EAs

how to achieve this...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain order unit of measure in ECC material master.Then maintain conversion factor in the alternate UOM.

Orders in SNP will be generated in planning area UOM. Please check the planning area UOM as well.Also planning area administration allows you to use KF specific setting for UOM , in that case UOM from product master will be used for display.

Thanks

Amit

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean that for material master (location product), you have maintained the base UoM as EA?

While I do not understand why and how you would have changed the base UoM in APO for material master from KG to EA, let me explain the situation to you.

During transfer of STOs what would matter is that it should be possible to have the UoM conversion as required.

Assuming that your STO is in EA (corresponding to base UoM of the location product in APO), you should maintain the conversion of KG to EA, so in your APO location product maintain 1 KG = X EA.

During transfer of STO from APO to R/3, system will take care of UoM conversion based on the the conversion that you maintained in location product, and you don't need to do anything else. In R/3, you would see the data in KGs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan