SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How update Fund Center and Commitment Item after posting

athaus_zehrang
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

Funds management was activated during the year and hence there are few open items saved without capturing Fund Center and Commitment Item. When i tried to clear these open item i get the following error

Line in document xxx xxxxxxxxxxxx does not contain any commitment items

Is there any program which i can use to update derivation to the already posted line item

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, check note 1609379, and FMN0N

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, check note 1609379, and FMN0N

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solutions proposed by Alexey are good if FM document was created for the FI documents in question. If, however, no FM document was created, reassignment process won't help. You can try FMN0 transaction after creating a derivation rule in FMDERIVE for these documents, but I cannot confirm that it would be sucessful as FMN0 transaction is not perfect.

The solution could be updating FI tables (BSEG/BSIS/BSAS) with FM assignment (fund centre/commitment item) and only then running FMN0 transaction. In this case, FM document will be created and you'll be able to process the items.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli...

> The solution could be updating FI tables (BSEG/BSIS/BSAS) with FM assignment (fund centre/commitment item) and only then running FMN0 transaction. In this case, FM document will be created and you'll be able to process the items.

How to "update" FI tables? There is something standar? Or u mean a manual update for tables (?)

Thanks u.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

If there is no FM document behind and the original document does not carry a valid FM account assignment, I think the information from note 1609379 is still valid: t-code FMCN is normally used for initial data upload (i.e. there is no previous FM document behind) after subsequent PSM activation, and FMCN in combination with FMCT should work.

Unless the FI document has a valid Funds Center, commitment item informed, FMN0 won't work.

However, there might still be some limitations for supplying an FM account assignment into an FI document if you are using New GL. see note 1379542 that it is also referenced in 1609379.

I would not recommend changing any database table ....especially FI tables...

cheers

Mar

athaus_zehrang
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Issue resolved