cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root Cause Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a good manual/note/article on the configuration of Root Cause Analysis? I have setup up 2 identical JAVA clusters, SMD agents on all servers, Wily added to all server nodes.

All agents appear in agent administration, but only one of the systems appear in the System Analysis list.

Also I am trying to connect the ABAP system - 12 servers, each one with 2 instances on. I believe I need one agent per server, but do I need to run the setup wizard twice per server (I guess not, but am not certain).

Gill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to the attached image to understand where to install the SMD Agents.

The setup wizard must be executed for all the Servers belonging to a Technical System, and in each server there must be a smd agent.

Example 1: Let's suppose you have a Portal System and you add 5 APP servers to it. You must install one SMD Agent per server.

Regarding the agent not being displayed, try to use the Refresh button in the lower right of the list.

Best regards,

Guilherme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You'll find a lot of information here: http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

You have to install only one DAA per system, but to have to run the wizard for each instance you want to monitor.

Check the guide attached to this note for more details: Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Cheers,

Diego.

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gill,

Only need one agent per server and only need to run the setup once as well.

M.R.