cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 401 Unauthorized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

we are getting following error sometimes from SAP PI. It's strange but when I logon to the PI Server with remote desctop then the service running properly.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <!--  Inbound Message 
  --> 
- <SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1 /> 
  <SAP:P2 /> 
  <SAP:P3 /> 
  <SAP:P4 /> 
  <SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized</SAP:AdditionalText> 
  <SAP:Stack /> 
  <SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry> 
  </SAP:Error>

Does any of this look familiar to you?

Kind Regards,

PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are getting following error sometimes from SAP PI. It's strange but when I logon to the PI Server with remote desctop then the service running properly.

You could also try checking SAP Note 821026 - AdapterEngine messaging URL returns HTTP 401 under high load since you encounter the error 'sometimes'.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message shows clearly that user credentials (401 unauthorized error) is invalid or missing. This is nothing related to proxy and proxy configuration related in receiver channel. You can check using same user/password and test using xmlspy or soapui directly and see the user credentials are right.

please refer below weblog:

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread for your solution: .

This solved my problem.

Two step for solve this problem

- I change the target URL to the URL?wsdl

- I qualified this URL on the firewall

Hope this helps,

Greg