Did you mean: 

increase "rspo/global_shm/printer_list"

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

in the dev trace I found the following error message:

S Thu Jan 19 13:57:52 2012

S *** ERROR => too many busy printers -> job for @>DEV:12B2@< set to ready state [rspopcc.c 2720]

S *** ERROR => increase profile parameter "rspo/global_shm/printer_list" [rspopcc.c 2722]

S 1 pages (OTF) printed in 1 seconds, avg. 1.0 pages per sec

S Timeinfo @>SPOREQ:383542@</1 (@>DEV:12B2@<): 1 1 OTF ( 0 0 0 0 0 1 )

The message is pretty clear. Increase the profile parameter "rspo/global_shm/printer_list". The default value is 150. But I have no measure of the set of the parameter. I can't find a current snote or a hint in the SDN.

How do I increase the parameter useful?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

You can increase the parameter "rspo/global_shm/printer_list" from it's current value of 1000 but only to the maximum value allowed which is 2000. Please see the following Notes:

412065 - Incorrect output sequence of output requests

118057 - Flexible Configuration of the Spool Service

However this is only a workaround as it seems that more requests are being generated than can be processed in this period. Please see the following attached Note for details about what can happen then:

65109 - Long delays when printing during overload

There are some steps to prevent this happening. If your applications print many small requests without committing

them in between, it would be better to append requests and then to print fewer and larger requests.

Please check if there is the possibility that your applications can attach spools to previous spool requests instead of creating a new spool every time.

85318 - Appending documents to existing spool requests

16410 - Attaching to existing spool requests

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika