Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to to change the price from zero to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following issue.

For customs purposes our sales company has to create a proforma invoice with reference to the delivery.

If the order (TA) was for free (itm.cat. TANN) because of warranty, they have to print a proforma as well with the value of the parts.

Now I have the problem that in the proforma invoice it doesn't allow me to change the price from zero to whatever value, cause the itm.cat. TANN is an item without price calc.

Does someone know the correct procedure?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like a replacement for faulty goods. I hope if you create a return order , get a credit note created for the customer and use this credit note to settle the accounts, it should resolve the issue.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the process is correct. If there is an item which is free, then even proforma invoice is supposed to give only 0 as the value. Even a proforma invoice cannot be created for an item which is given free and no receivable is expected from the customer.

However if you need proforma invoice with value, do the following.

You should be having a condition type which actually gives a 100% discount on the netprice and thus reverses the whole value thus making the netprice as 0 in sales order for the item. Identify this condition type.

There should be routine assigned to this. You can write a code in this routine mentioning that it should only for orders and not for invoices.

There is also another way of handling it thorugh configuration, but you need to test this. The same condition type will have condition record value as 100%. You can make this c.record maintenance based on billing type and you can make it as 0% for proforma invoice combined with a invoice repricing during invoice creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you know the item category TANN is not relevent for pricing. So the system will not show any price for the same.

If your business needs the price to be shown, then you will need to create a Z item category which must be relevent for pricing. Setup the itemcategory determination correct for the document to pick up the new item category.

As the proforma doen't post any accounting document, it will not have any impact.

Regards,

SAM