cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data - clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working with som masterdata loads to a masterdata infoobjects, but I need to try to understand something. When I load data to the text for a master data, we can look at "manage" to see all the request that has been loaded. these request, are they just a picture that show us that the masterdata has been updated, or do they contain data at all?

The reason is that I have a masterdata load that is loading everyday, and it loads alot of data. I want therefore to delete all the old data request package before loading a full load. But if this is not data in these requests datapackage, I don't need to do this.

Please can someone provide me with some good expenation arround this, thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helge,

Basically master data is always loaded in overwrite mode and any request deletion from manage tab will not delete master data from underlying tables, it will just delete entry from some log tables.

The entries shown on Manage tab for master data load are just for information purpose to check when the master data was loaded in past. You can just leave those entries as it is.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The information that you are looking for will be available on the BW or BI forum,

This is specifically for Master Data Management MDM

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These request numbers for master data are just for display/log purpose. Deleting these requests will not delete data from the infoobject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helge,

I am unable to figure out requirement.In which system are you trying to perform this action.

Regards,

Neethu Joy