cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

themes upload for standalone wd application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I've got a standalone web dynpro application (without portal) and want to use my own theme.

here are my questions:

1) to which URL should I upload my theme??

2) do I have to extract my myTheme.zip file, or simply place it there?? Or what??

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks,

Nicolai Lansche

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Nicolai,

sorry, but this is not possible. The existing theme editor requires a Portal based Web Dynpro application.

Greetings, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bertram,

thanks for your answer!

But I thought the Eclipse Themes editor plugin has also been written exactly for this "standalone" scenario?!

So the wd framework hasn't got a theme "lafservice" on its own - it takes the theme from the portal "lafservice" ?!

Do you know WHEN it will be possible to upload customer themes for standalone wd apps?

thanks in advance,

Nicolai

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

I am not sure whether this answers your questions but we had developed some themes and applied them to the standalone WD applications. Actually we were facing the problem that in WAS SP7 and SP8 the portal theme was not being taken by the WD Applications. There was some bug in those SP levels.

So we developed some a portal theme and we put the folder containing all the files in the following path.

<i>C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<Instance Nr>\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\sap.com\tcwddispwda\global\SSR\themes</i>

Then in the Visual Adminsitrator under Server -> Services Configuration Adapter open the webdynpro -> sap.com -> tcwddispwda -> PropertySheet default. In the edit mode change the following settings <i>sap.useWebDynproStyleSheet = true and sap.theme.default = http://<localhost>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/<Folder Name></i> .Make sure there no spaces after the URL.

Restart the J2EE server and the webdynpro now takes that theme.

I just thought this may help you in some way.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (0)