cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Charges for transportation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use transportation management for our shipments to and from the DC and within stores.

There is a new requirement to add some additional charges to the some of the shipments. I am trying to understand what is the best way to implement this.

During the winter months, for some of the transportation there is additional changes such as heated transportation so there will be heat charges added to the normal transportation rates in the cost document. This could be a fixed value or percentage charge.

I am thinking of creating new special processing indicatior and making them same as the existing ones but with the added heat charge.

Is that the best option or is there another way.

I am really looking for a solution for this...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is solved.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please provide some details of your solution?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

We used this process for those shipments that will require heat during transportation.

In the shipment document, we have used one of the additional data field to say if heat is required or not for the shipment.

We created a condition type for this; created condition table that looks at the vendor and if Heat required is turned on.

We created the access sequence for this and assigned it to the pricing procedure.

Maintained the master conditions for this condition type through TK11 with the heat charge rates..

Michele

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Many thanks for posting your approach! I am sure others will appreciate it as well.

Regards,

Mike Appleby

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I ran across a scenario which is related to yours only with the opposite approach. A freezer truck was not needed during specific months of the year, so a standard trailer could be used at a reduced cost during winter months. Do you want this determination made automatically based on a calendar date (or somehow a temperature reading?) or is this something for which a planner would need to intervene manually?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I would like to propose different options to the client.

I am thinking setting up as condition (through TK11/TK12 for the combination of Porg, service agent and special processing indicator) is required as they dont want to add this in each document all the time. So I was thinking of creating a new special processing indicator, setting up the conditions for then and just adding this to the stages in the shipment doc.

I like the idea of making this come up for a certain date or period. How can you make that happen?

Is there any other option other than the conditions/special processing indicator. Like I said for some forwarders this is % based and for some it is fixed value for a certain KM.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect you could use the delivery date or perhaps the scheduled start date as the input or one input in a condition for choosing the cost profile. Probably several other ways to do it including manual by the trans planner based upon the weather forecast.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

How did you do it in your case.

What processes did you implement to avoid the freezer costs for certain months?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe we did it with manual input by the transportation planner since the planning was based upon the weather forecasts for the entire route traveled with a large number of possible routes. I will look into it and see if there was a different approach investigated and why it was not used.

Regards,

Mike