cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIS to SolMan Sync Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: We have a suite of ARIS models developed directly in ARIS. i.e. no sync from SAP BPR, no SAP IDs and SAP Object Function Type attributes maintained for SAP functions. These models were developed in keeping with the four layer architecture u2013 levels 1 to 4. An example of the hierarchy is shown below.

Levels Model

Level 1 Asset Management

Level 2 Manage People & Assets

Level 3 Manage Maintenance Work

Level 4 Initiate Work -> Plan Work etc.

Now we are looking at synchronising these models with SolMan.

Problem: To begin synchronising ARIS with SolMan, SolMan needs a model with SAP ID and SAP Model Type(Attribute value = Scenario) function (e.g. Project_Name) in ARIS. This can only be done by syncing an existing SolMan project to an ARIS database. This function is usually at the highest level in the ARIS DB and is used to start the sync. In addition to this the sync also creates an EPC and FAD with the SolMan project scope template name i.e. General Information: Application Lifecycle Management.

Hence a sync was performed from a test project in SolMan to a test DB in ARIS. Sync scope was set to L2 and below. i.e. L2 (MPA),L3 (Manage Maintenance Work) and Level 4 (Initiate Work). The first sync was performed but we were unable to see any additions in the SolMan structure. We then consolidated the L2 function (not model) Manage Maintenance Work with the Project_Name function. Following this, we copied the L4 function objects (Initiate Work, Plan Work etc) from the existing L3 model to the General Information: Application Lifecycle Management EPC model. The SAP Model Type attributes were also changed to u201CProcessu201D. Another sync was run, this time the SolMan structure showed the L3 and L4 structure but did not show process steps.

In summary, this seems to be long drawn way of doing this synchronisation and weu2019re unsure if this is the correct approach. Are we missing something in our approach here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi,

The links above were very helpful. I also found another URL that might be relevant to the topic.

http://www.ariscommunity.com/users/jyotssingh/2012-02-17-error-while-doing-sync-aris-solution-manage...

I noticed that in the synchronisation options there's an option for Transaction (CTRL + SHIFT + T). Do you know what this is for? I tried to run this but I cant seem to find any values in the window.

Regards

Ganesh

Answers (0)