Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Job Running fine while the Execution User ID is Locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a weird issue in our SAP BI Production system. We have many Batch Jobs which runs on User ID MAESTRO (This is a system ID). I can see the steps of these jobs are defined with Execution User as MAESTRO. Currently the ID MAESTRO is locked due to incorrect log on attempts since last 3/4 weeks.

Now the weird thing is all these Jobs are running successfully without any issue most of the time. A few times the Job failed due to Time Out error and hence the issue is now brought into Security Team's attention. But while analyzing the issue I am getting stuck at the fact that these jobs should not even run successfully a single time while the Job Execution ID is locked in the system.

Am I missing something here?

Please advise.

Regards,

Debajit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

locks due to incorrect logon attempts are ignored for internal processing. If you lock that user as admin then it will fail. Check OSS note 498889.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

locks due to incorrect logon attempts are ignored for internal processing. If you lock that user as admin then it will fail. Check OSS note 498889.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Martin. The Note # 498889 answers my question. It was very helpful !!