cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ20 - Missing sub-tree entries in CCMS_Selfmonitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please could some let me know how to restore missing monitoring sub-tree entries in RZ20 in a Sol Man 7.01 system ?

Due to an error message displayed when trying to start a ccmsping agent on a satellite system I found SAP Note 517533 which advised the following steps to refresh the System Component Repository (SCR) : -

Repeat the SCR upgrade process.

Here is the procedure:

1. Start transaction RZ20.

2. Open monitor collection SAP CCMS Monitors for Technical Experts.

3. Open the monitor CCMS Selfmonitoring.

4. Open the branch CCMS_Selfmonitoring.

5. Choose Extras -> Activate maintenance function

6. In the CCMS_Selfmonitoring branch, delete the subtree labelled 'System Component Repository' (Edit -> Nodes -> Delete -> Option 4).

7. Switch to transaction RZ21.

8. Choose Techn. Infrastructure -> Method execution -> Activate background dispatching.

I carried out these steps in the Solution Manager environment and when I ran step 6 a number of entries vanished from the RZ20 - CCMS Selfmonitoring - CCMS_Selfmonitoring subtree.

I then did as the note suggests and made sure the CCMS background dispatching job SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP had ran (it does every 5 minutes) but the tree entries have still not re-appeared.

For example, in RZ20 - SAP CCMS Techincal Expert Monitors - CCMS Selfmonitoring - <SID> - CCMS_Selfmonitoring only the following subtree entries are present:

- Tooldispatching (long running tasks)

- Tooldispatching (central system)

- Central Performance History

Previously the CCMS_Selfmonitoring sub tree looked more like our other Solman systems with entries such as: -

- Tooldispatching (long running tasks)

- Tooldispatching (central system)

- Central Performance History

- Startuptools once per system

- Runtime

- Availability Monitoring

- SapmssyT

- CCMS Agents

- System Component Repository

- XML_SelfMonitoring

- GRMG_Self-Monitoring

To find a resolution I've searched multiple SAP notes and Google without success.

Please can someone advise how to get these entries back into the monitoring sub-tree ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to get the missing tree entries displayed again by :-

RZ21 -> Segment Overview -> select segment -> Display/Change ->

Reset segment in "Warmup" Status

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi

Thanks for your responding.

I can confirm that no Technical Views have been changed. Even when I change them for testing the missing tree entries do not return.

I have carried out the steps as described to reset the entire self monitoring node but the entries that were present are still not present.

Any further suggestions ?

Thanks,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check did you changed any technical views.

by views -> Technical view

or try to reset the entire self monitoring node

by Edit -> Nodes (MTE) -> reset

Please checK

Thanks

Jansi