SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Deposit Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several issues with Security Deposits in Production system (ECC 6.0- SAPK-60403INFICA). I tried to investigate but unable to find a clue. Few examples below:

1) Combination account security deposits are only applying partially. The system sees the 1st amount, say $150.00 (for Electricity) of $320.00 and refunds that but not the 2nd amount of $170.00(Gas) even though both have the same start date. It's as if the system doesn't see or search for that other 1/2? We have to manually correct/release the other portion and applicable interest when they are brought to our attention, there is no current way to catch these otherwise.

2) If money is transferred from one account to another as credits (payment on account items) within the same business partner, they are not clearing the open security deposits on the target account. This lead the related workflow to generate the Turn-Off Notice and send it to customer, even though the customer has actually cleared the payments for SD.

3) The 'Return Date' on security deposit document is showing Future Date as Returned (for example 08/24/2012 as on 01/12/2012). The Return Date is supposed to be the date the SDs are paid back.

Any suggestions/leads to solutions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Praveen

1 REPLY 1

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your item (1) below relates to automatic Security Deposit Release/Return in invoicing.

If so, please check your Invoicing configuration for "Item Selection for Account Maintenance" (table TE514).

Ensure that your settings for OISEL (Open Item Selection) for Main 0020 are not Contract-specific.

For item (2), are you doing Account Maintenance (FP06) after the transfer of overpayments? You will need to do this in order to clear the Open Deposits on the target account.

Regards,

Ivor Martin