cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude BOM level from MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

For a company using MM and PS in a subcontracting process (Oil and gas) i have a problem with the Bill of Material.

Let me first describe to you the process.

Our Bill of Material is imported from a third party system and into SAP. This BOM consists many more levels than the ones we actually buy. The BOM in SAP is only used for purchasing. The top level of the BOM is added as a component in the project builder and a demand is created from there.

Because the BOM is updated at a regular time (in the third party software and the transferred to SAP) it is not the best solution to delete the levels of BOM we do not buy manually in SAP. To exclude levels from sourcing we use the phantom assembly (spec proc key 50). This works fine but it is not a solution for the bottom levels (can't mark a BOM item that is not an assembly as phantom assembly).

So this is my question - how can we identify a bottom level of a BOM as a phantom item? This phantom item should not be considered in the MRP run. The requisition for the level above the phantom item must be created with a standard item category, not "L" for subcontracting.

I see that we may have to do some ABAPing here but it would be highly appreciated with some feedback about how to proceed of anyone of you has encountered a similar issue!

BR

andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This forum is for SAP Sourcing and CLM related queries.

You will be better served I guess if you post your query in the SAP MM forum here:

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about that. Thanks for the info!

Answers (0)