cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions for inconsistent CVC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Folks,

I am working with SCM 5.1 for a customer, a job to copy sales data from one planning book to other happens every 2 hours. this fails quite often due to inconsistent CVC's ( Characteristic combinations without Live Cache anchor).

Of-course this can be corrected using standard reports, but as a preemptive action what can be done to avoid this. What are the conditions for a inconsistent CVC's.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

After you initialize your planning area (create time series), have the next step as consistency check report /sapapo/ts_lcm_cons_check. Give your planning area and relevant versions in the variant.

If you already have this time series consistency check after your planning area gets initialized, then insert another similar step before your do this copy of sales data.

And you are copying sales data from one planning book to another every 2 hrs? Why?

This is a very high frequency for transfer of transaction data and would be causing unneccessary load on your system.

PS: I assumed that you are talking about your actions within DP itself i.e. you copy sales history from one planning book to another planning book (obviously this should also mean that you have 2 different planning areas in DP or may be GATP, else this copy step could be easily avoided. )

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

The sales data is copied from the S&OP planning area to the region (country) specific planning area as per the initial design. The copied data is not too huge, because the system is well sized, the regular job normally takes 2 seconds to complete fully.

The copy sales job could not be avoided.

Regards,

Vasu

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

ok, your situation is clear now.

One qns -Do you create CVCs for the region (country) specific planning area very frequently? e.g. let's say, throughout the day, or at least once in a day.

If you have CVC creation regularly, then you could run the 'consistency check' report for region based planning area as the next immediate step after creation of the CVCs and time series generation for the planning area. (I am assuming that time series creation is not missed after creation of the CVCs. Otherwise you could also select the option to adjust time series during generation of CVCs).

If the above doesn't help, then you could insert the consistency job for the region based planning area just before you do the copy of sales from S&OP planning area to the region specific planning area. You would no longer face the issue.

PS: In the consistency check report variant, remember to select the option of repair so that inconsistencies are corrected automatically.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu

Maybe you can run the consistency reports as part of the batch that creates CVC's and Time Series Objects ?

Are you noticing that the same CVC's face this problem over and over again ?

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rishi,

CCR is done everyday morning in the process chain. Inspite of this during the day the CVC's are not consistent. I am not facing issues with the same set of CVC's, its a different set all together.

-Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu

I dont mean the CCR reports. I meant the DP Consistency checks. Follow SAP recommendations for CVC creation in the document "Manage Demand Planning in SAP APO (3.x) / SAP SCM (4.x, 5.x)".

Rishi Menon